Chapala.com Webboard

Please stop ignoring traffic "DO NOT" signs

Natasha

I nearly got creamed this morning turning left off the highway to go to iShop. Yes, I can turn left THERE because it's a one way street going SOUTH. The guy who nearly creamed me ROARED out at top speed from in front of Handy Mail to go east along the highway. Drive defensively always.

1 minute ago, Ferret said:

I nearly got creamed this morning turning left off the highway to go to iShop. Yes, I can turn left THERE because it's a one way street going SOUTH. The guy who nearly creamed me ROARED out at top speed from in front of Handy Mail to go east along the highway. Drive defensively always.

A normal day in Lakeside, so what else happened to make your day interesting?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ferret said:

Amen!

Although most sane drivers will agree with Natasha's post, the fact is that there will always be the "I'm special" drivers and others who are long past their driving expiration date (sadly, they're the most clueless about their actual ability, but are still hell-bent to make it to wherever). Since Driver's Ed is NOT a part of the curriculum here and turn signals are used only when accidentally bumped, you have to watch out for yourself because no one else will. I always tell hubs that I expect something stupid by the other drivers and they never fail me. 

FWIW, that drunken-frat-boy's-traffic-nightmare design at WM nearly got me on my scooter. I don't even blame the driver who nearly creamed me. The lights from Ajijic towards San Antonio are confusing as heck. Most don't know where to stop. And what genius thought it would make sense to put TWO stoplights nearly on top of each other, thus making it nearly impossible to turn into the side of WM because oncoming traffic doesn't know that it's the spot for libramiento traffic to turn into for the big blue box store?

On 11/29/2022 at 3:20 PM, Natasha said:

Those heavy BLACK arrows ( left, right, or straight ahead) encircled with  RED and a diagonal running through that hang on traffic light arms aren't there as a joke. Yes, I know the    (worst offender) T-intersection at Walmart on the carretera was designed by a lunatic high on drugs and booze who'd never visited their work before or after. Yes it's a MAJOR        P I T A to all, me included. But  those arrows are there for a reason.... and not just in that location.

Do I care when those to whom the rules "don't apply", or who are simply too lazy or important to obey them,  break a law on ignoring? Only a little.

What I DO care about a LOT is your behaviour has a direct possibility of affecting MY life ( or someone else's) in the event your actions provoke an accident that could result in my/their car being crunched or I/others are personally injured........or worse. (Yes... I'm insured. Not all are the same.)  Driving is a privilege... please don't abuse it.

Natasha. Did you read in this weeks GR on page 13?

It seems that Ajijic attorney and activist Snr Velazquez made a written complaint to Jalisco Infrastructure and Public Works about a triangular planter recently built on the corner of Avendia Madero and Hidalgo in Chapala.

This has prompted a visit from the department to evaluate the reconstruction.

Maybe if you could get Snr Velazquez or a Mexican National to write a complaint  about the Wallymart junction, it will received more consideration than from " those  whinging  and whining Lakeside Gringos?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Natasha. Did you read in this weeks GR on page 13?

It seems that Ajijic attorney and activist Snr Velazquez made a written complaint to Jalisco Infrastructure and Public Works about a triangular planter recently built on the corner of Avendia Madero and Hidalgo in Chapala.

This has prompted a visit from the department to evaluate the reconstruction.

Maybe if you could get Snr Velazquez or a Mexican National to write a complaint  about the Wallymart junction, it will received more consideration than from " those  whinging  and whining Lakeside Gringos?

Well said ! Common sense is a virtue that, unfortunately, all do not possess

• Like 1