Chapala.com Webboard

Please stop ignoring traffic "DO NOT" signs

Natasha

Those heavy BLACK arrows ( left, right, or straight ahead) encircled with  RED and a diagonal running through that hang on traffic light arms aren't there as a joke. Yes, I know the    (worst offender) T-intersection at Walmart on the carretera was designed by a lunatic high on drugs and booze who'd never visited their work before or after. Yes it's a MAJOR        P I T A to all, me included. But  those arrows are there for a reason.... and not just in that location.

Do I care when those to whom the rules "don't apply", or who are simply too lazy or important to obey them,  break a law on ignoring? Only a little.

What I DO care about a LOT is your behaviour has a direct possibility of affecting MY life ( or someone else's) in the event your actions provoke an accident that could result in my/their car being crunched or I/others are personally injured........or worse. (Yes... I'm insured. Not all are the same.)  Driving is a privilege... please don't abuse it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 hours ago, Kiko said:

The traffic in Ajijic has become so jammed up that about a month ago one of the residents of the Racquet Club in San Juan Cosala had his children dropped off in the RC dog park by helicopter.  Never a dull moment in Mexico.  

No restrictions on Racquet Club dog park helicopter child drop off?

Want to add the following as illustration of how things are here now. Tuesday I was on carretera headed west, but east of that T-intersection libramiento traffic light. 

Car came down the libramiento a little faster than should be, but guessing trying to catch that light. HOWEVER it blazed right on thru (totally ignoring the overhead DO NOT sign ) into the WM parking lot, which meant crossing the lateral/service road (take your pick) that serves cars and buses.... Autozone, WM, or bus stop.  There was not ONE second of hesitation on driver's part and since people using that road don't expect someone coming straight thru, a unwary driver could easily have been broadsided at speed. 

In fact there was an injury accident the week prior just after 9 a.m. (ambulance and cops) closer to the west edge of  Autozone building....  didn't see that one happen but paramedics were putting someone in the "bus" when I passed.  Both vehicles were in that lateral but positioning made it hard to tell where they each started.  

Ans "Pappy", it's too long since you've lived here to have an excuse to wade in.  As the old country music song goes "..... you don't know what it's li-ike....." 🎸

15 hours ago, Natasha said:

Ans "Pappy", it's too long since you've lived here to have an excuse to wade in.  As the old country music song goes "..... you don't know what it's li-ike....

Another MOD wanna be. Send your resume to the Admin.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

I  think we can all agree that the WalMart inter section is another classic "Design to Failure" , by The Authorities"...... But this is one of many at Lakeside.. The whole area needs to be re-examined... and a master plan prepared for enhanced traffic control...but until one of "The Gods" gets involved we all better be prepared to "suck it up". I am surprised  there have not been more "incidents" on the cycle path, which also seem to be a fast lane for moto cycles!!.

I would be interested in where all the traffic is coming from and going to...It all can not be the "locals"

At this rate Lakeside must be getting ranked as one of the most polluted (Noise & Exhaust Fumes) areas. ....but "they" still flock here

Lakeside 7…at this rate Lakeside must be ranked as one of the most polluted noise & exhaust fumes areas……as compared with ?  A master plan… one of many classical failures…...Probably one of the most ridiculous statements ..even on this web board . If things are so bad perhaps you shouldn’t be here .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Lakeside 7…at dis rate Lakeside must be ranked as one of the most polluted noise & exhaust fumes areas……as compared with ?  A master plan… one of many classical failures…...Probably one of the most ridiculous statements ..even on dis web board . If things are so bad perhaps you shouldn’t be here .

Oh dear and who got out of the wrong side of the bed to day??

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2022 at 2:20 PM, Natasha said:

Those heavy BLACK arrows ( left, right, or straight ahead) encircled with  RED and a diagonal running through that hang on traffic light arms aren't there as a joke. Yes, I know the    (worst offender) T-intersection at Walmart on the carretera was designed by a lunatic high on drugs and booze who'd never visited their work before or after. Yes it's a MAJOR        P I T A to all, me included. But  those arrows are there for a reason.... and not just in that location.

Do I care when those to whom the rules "don't apply", or who are simply too lazy or important to obey them,  break a law on ignoring? Only a little.

What I DO care about a LOT is your behaviour has a direct possibility of affecting MY life ( or someone else's) in the event your actions provoke an accident that could result in my/their car being crunched or I/others are personally injured........or worse. (Yes... I'm insured. Not all are the same.)  Driving is a privilege... please don't abuse it.

Just wondering why you are posting this here? Do you know for a fact that these "violators" are reading this, or are you just airing out your mind and providing food for the trolls?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Hud said:

Just wondering why you are posting this here? Do you know for a fact that these "violators" are reading this, or are you just airing out your mind and providing food for the trolls

Why do you care what motivated the original post?  We all know of and have seen those that violate street signs and lights. Some of us have narrowly escaped being in accidents because of those that chose to drive by their own rules.   I saw the accident referred to in front of Auto Zone.  Complete disregard for traffic signs which caused at least one person bodily harm requiring an ambulance.   YOU may actually be the one "providing food for trolls" imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/2/2022 at 4:56 PM, ibarra said:

We all know of and have seen those that violate street signs and lights. 

Since it doesn't apply to anyone I know and you know, and the op knows, why come on like it does? And, if you are not a troll, why would you even both to respond to my question for the op? :D

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Hud said:

Since it doesn't apply to anyone I know and you know, and the op knows.......,

And you KNOW this HOW oh omniscient one?????  Because I certainly DO personally know 3 different friends who've had serious vehicle accidents ( and in two cases injuries) right at that infamous WM corner......... and in all cases due to negligence on  drivers other than themselves (police reports etc)., running red lights or ignoring posted  DO NOT signs.

But then I've suddenly realized.... you hate this topic because YOU are one of the offenders!!!  Just because you've been lucky so far doesn't give you the right to be so high and mighty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hud said:

Since it doesn't apply to anyone I know and you know, and the op knows, why come on like it does?...

Hud - Do you know the op? Do you know me?  I doubt it.  I can name 5 people that have been involved in accidents,  including myself, because of complete negligence of the other driver obeying traffic signs and/ or lights.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hud said:

You two are obviously very Special. The OP topic was "   Please stop ignoring traffic "DO NOT" signs ".

I AM the O P.  And what you put in bold was the topic heading.  Here's the first line of the actual post:

"Those heavy BLACK arrows ( left, right, or straight ahead) encircled with  RED and a diagonal running through that hang on traffic light arms aren't there as a joke......"

Just take your redneck self back to your land of cowboys and country music and stop playing (not very good at it) psychologist.

• Sad 3