Chapala.com Webboard

Giving Tuesday Today! Please partner with Cruz Roja Chapala, for more CPR and First Classes and new equipment.

traderspoc

• traderspoc changed the title to Giving Tuesday Today! Please partner with Cruz Roja Chapala, for more CPR and First Classes and new equipment.

Be aware that Cruz ROja as well as all ambulances will call the police in case the patient is dead when they arrive. WHat cruz ROja did to me was inexcusable.. my husband passed away as they were on tehir way and the driver sneaked out of the room to go and call the police.  He did not have the courtesy to let me know he was going to do it. My gate was open for a quick entry and exit  and the driver did not warn me to close the gate and let the police in without my permission. It is a violation from the part of the police to enter a home uninvited.. 

I found my self surrounded by 5 cops at 1 in the morning and what followed was so traumatic that  8 months later I still have loss of memory from what happened that night.

I will never give to Cruz Roja  for the rest of my life and will use other services a

To avoid what happened above, pre register with local funeral home, who you call in case a death of loved one. yes you never call the police.

The funeral will pick up the body and call one of their doctors to pronouce the deceased dead and certify the death.

At lakeside if someone is dead do not call an ambulance, the attendents have to call the police, it required of them. 

sorry that happened to you. You did not now the rules ambulance attendents have to follow.

Please it happened where i live in el parque, about 20 of us went down the following month and registered with san francico funeral home,  and  informed the administrtor of el parque we are registered with the funeral home in case of death.

This only covers you if you die in your home or locally in someone elses home, not if you travel or die in a car accident. ( yes you call the funeral home but diiferent procedures have to followed in death in a car death.

its was about $2000 pesos to register and sign documents at funeral home, doctors cost about $2000 pesos to come to your home to certify death.

we prepaid the $2000 for one person for doctors fee to certify death. ( the last thing i would want one of us to do in case of death is have run to the bank and get $2000 pesos)

Do not blame the ambulance they are employees and have to follow the law.

Please register with a funeral home for yourself and let your friemds know you are registered so your friends can call the funeral home. upon your death.

• Thanks 2

GPS

My mistake was that I did not call them to cancel them when the oximeter wetnt off..  When your souse is dying in front of you , you cannot think of everything, you ll see if it happens to your spouse,,,

I do not think you understand the problem. The driver from Cruz Roja , when my husband was pronounced dead by the ambulance medic, sneaked out back to the ambulance to call the police. I have been here for more than 20 years, I speak fluent Spanish and I know better than call the police but the ambulance driver, called them and left the door open ao they came in uninvited..  

I did not see the driver leave and the next thing I new 5 cops where in the bedroom, they had to cross the whole house to get there...nasty as could be. Thank God my neighbor who was a cdmx cop was with me and his wife otherwise I would have been in real trouble.

The ambulances have to follow the law and all they had to say.was excuse me now I have to call the police . I have a lawyer friend who told me what happens between emplyyes and police. WHen I went to complain the next day , Cruz Roja was crawling with cops haveing nice conversation with the cruz roja emploees, they are bodies ..I saw it with my own eyes.

You are reading the nice literature on how to  and if you think that it is what happens at one on clock in the morning you have a lot to learn about life here. If you are lucky and you can contact your doctor immediately or if the San Antonio hospital tells the ambulance to come right over and declare your husband or wife dead on arrival you are lucky but if you have a doctor that cannot sign the death certificate because the office is out or does not open until 8 in the morning you are in for a whole lot of fun

After the funeral home took my husband they harrassed the funeral home until morning. 

Your post on how do things is very misleading and does not represent what can happen in real life. If you are lucky it will happen that way but after speaking with several family who went through it and the funeral homes I can tell you there is plenty of room for improvemtn , 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

In times of stress it is sometimes difficult to do "the right thing"...whatever that maybe.

Just a interesting observation, I do not think the Cruz Roja Paramedics are "qualified" to pronounce the death of a patient, that's is the Doctors job. Perhaps they should have called the patients Doctor or taken him to the Clinic to be pronounced dead by a Doctor on duty?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, traderspoc said:

we prepaid the $2000 for one person for doctors fee to certify death. ( the last thing i would want one of us to do in case of death is have run to the bank and get $2000 

I will check this out further but I am curious.   You said you paid for one person.  Since there are 2 of you,  how did they prepare a contract? One of your names or what?

I did not have to pay anything on the spot and did not have anything prepaid. The funeral home charged me what whatever afterwards . They were super nice and helpful.

The funeral home also reports the death to the US consulate or the consulate of the country the person comes from

My husband was a binational and I told the funeral home not to report it to the US consulate as in Mexico he was Mexican and that I would advised the consulate and they let me do this. I di not want any chance of our account being blocked before I changed  the place where my social security was deposited.. It took 2 months for SS to deposit to my account in Mexico so I received two cheks for my husband in th eUS account that was blocked. SS asked me for the bank information  , The account was blocked the minute I reported the death and SS took the money out of our US account immediately although I could not use the account for 7 months. I am not a US citizen so thing for aliens ca be complicated.. SS cannot go to a Mexican bank and help them themselves.

9 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

In times of stress it is sometimes difficult to do "the right thing"...whatever that maybe.

Just a interesting observation, I do not think the Cruz Roja Paramedics are "qualified" to pronounce the death of a patient, that's is the Doctors job. Perhaps they should have called the patients Doctor or taken him to the Clinic to be pronounced dead by a Doctor on duty?

The doctor was the first person I called but at one in the morning , the doctor did not answer until I send a message , the third one ( I called twice and sent a message once) that my husband was ead according the paramedic.

As things were going on that night I sent a whatsapp to a friend to document hings and I can tell you that some of th ethings I reported, I do not remember  as of this day. This is how I know I went through a trauma and I still have holes in memory of that night although I have them on whatsapp.   SO yes I was inschock but bit enough to go to pieces.

On 12/1/2022 at 4:10 PM, bmh said:

GPS

My mistake was that I did not call them to cancel them when the oximeter wetnt off..  When your souse is dying in front of you , you cannot think of everything, you ll see if it happens to your spouse,,,

I do not think you understand the problem. The driver from Cruz Roja , when my husband was pronounced dead by the ambulance medic, sneaked out back to the ambulance to call the police. I have been here for more than 20 years, I speak fluent Spanish and I know better than call the police but the ambulance driver, called them and left the door open ao they came in uninvited..  

I did not see the driver leave and the next thing I new 5 cops where in the bedroom, they had to cross the whole house to get there...nasty as could be. Thank God my neighbor who was a cdmx cop was with me and his wife otherwise I would have been in real trouble.

The ambulances have to follow the law and all they had to say.was excuse me now I have to call the police . I have a lawyer friend who told me what happens between emplyyes and police. WHen I went to complain the next day , Cruz Roja was crawling with cops haveing nice conversation with the cruz roja emploees, they are bodies ..I saw it with my own eyes.

You are reading the nice literature on how to  and if you think that it is what happens at one on clock in the morning you have a lot to learn about life here. If you are lucky and you can contact your doctor immediately or if the San Antonio hospital tells the ambulance to come right over and declare your husband or wife dead on arrival you are lucky but if you have a doctor that cannot sign the death certificate because the office is out or does not open until 8 in the morning you are in for a whole lot of fun

After the funeral home took my husband they harrassed the funeral home until morning. 

Your post on how do things is very misleading and does not represent what can happen in real life. If you are lucky it will happen tha ttt way but after speaking with several family who went through it and the funeral homes I can tell you there is plenty of room for improvemtn , 

Thank for your feedback, yes things do get uneasy and confusing. yes the ambulance attendents should have told they were calling the police,

I personally was a paramedic in my early  20's in united states, I arrived on many situations and had comfort the livng spouse and give guidence.

its different here, different rules.  I glad you had understanding neighbor with you. My heart goes out it the most trumatic event in your life to lose a spouse.

One paramedic was very decent and he did tell the police that he was more qualified than they were to say my husand had died of natural death and that he did not have suspecious bruises.. They were trying to scare me to extort me, no doubt. Bu the other one sneaked out to make the call.

lawyer who worked with one ambulance company told me that some of the ambulance people are in with the police to split whatever they get.. I am not surprised but when in Mexico you have to be aware of the various possibilities. Most of the time people are wonderfully helpful but you have the bad apples who ruin it for others.

My brother who died of covid 2 years ago in France was a wonderful guy and was in the job to help people  and I had nothing but good experience with paramedics here and in the States but this time I got the bad batch in my opinion,

As an 11 year resident the conventional wisdom was to not call the police in the event of a death. They'll raid your house then or afterwards.

It now seems to be to not call Cruz Roja either. Get a primary care physician, reach them and pre-arrange a funeral or else chaos.

SunFan