Chapala.com Webboard

Seeking English-Speaking Plumber / Gas/ Electrician

Natasha

A friend in late stages of extensive remodel on a large  house / property finds herself looking because she's tired of  having men there with whom she cannot communicate. Yes.... she knows is her fault    ... but she's not learning quickly enough for NOW.   Own vehicle / moto required for west-of-Ajijic location. I can't help becasue I only know  excellent non-English speaking ones.

Please supply ( or p.m.) names /contact info etc. of people you have used and will recommend when asked.  Meanwhile she's  looking on FB.  The HOPE is we'll come up with at least one name in common ☺️ but if not, one way or the other she'll find what she's looking for.  Thank you in advance.

21 minutes ago, elevator said:

..... and speaks English better than me. I had to take English 101 twice cause of that damn grammar test........

Methinks you need to take it again amigo!!  🤣 🤣🤣    Meanwhile thanks so much for the recommendation.  Passing it on right away.

Touchy touchy..... playing with you there elevator....... tho' when I was in school (guessing long before you) there was definitely no option with our  grammar teachers.

But then  this is the first year I can remember where Guad and  D.F. news people used fin de semana larga instead of puente. Another sign of changing times......

Well my freshman year was 1960, but the grammar teachers I referred to were from the mid-late ´50's, and big red "X " with points deducted would have accompanied that use.  However, since it's been so long since TV news broadcasters ( in English) started trashing proper English I hardly even hear them any more, I guess other rules have slackened too.