Chapala.com Webboard

Gmail backgrounds suddenly pale blue

Natasha

Check the setting or preferences for whatever. Could be you hit a CTRL+ some letter key to change things instead of hitting the SHIFT key plus the capital leetter you wanted. If you remember the exact email you sent it happened on try going back and using the CTRL key and letter for each capital letter you used or the most likely capital letter you used. Could of also been the Function key (FN) plus a letter. By time you are done trying then the whole internet should crash......hopefully. Webpage markups have gone a long way to be able to be in your computer systems with hooks it's ridiculous. 

Oh my friend.... if it were only so.  No idea which email..... and most likely I did hit a wrong key combo but I can't apply your remedy now.  I did go into settings and in "themes" got some alternatives..... but NONE gave me the plain white background I had before.

Webpage markups have gone a long way to be able to be in your computer systems with hooks it's ridiculous. I don't have the FAINTEST idea what this means but I'm sure it's tech conspiring against me..... again.  But appreciate your effort.

2 hours ago, mattoleriver said:

Give this a try and see if it is more like what you have in mind.

Click on "Settings" (gear icon)

Scroll down to "Theme"

Click on "View All"

Scroll down to the pastel colors

Click on "Soft Gray"

Click on "Inbox"

Does this look like what you want?

Gmail.thumb.png.7c3f159de7647baaf88527c5e24bfac7.png

Did that (following youtube video)   Soft grey came out quite dark  in my opinion   decided if I have to live with blue it's better than grey   but THANK YOU for tryiing