Chapala.com Webboard

Xe Transfer Issue:

mkshawn

Been using this organization for many years. Today I'm informed that they will not be able to transfer any funds to Mexico from my Canadian Bank Account as they are not licensed to operate in Mexico? I explained my issue was currently with their web interface, I was attempting to change the mobile #. to a number I use in Mexico. Question about where I was Located I said Location is Canada I am calling you on a Canadian Phone line at this moment. Anyone had this issue? Were you able to resolve it? If so pls elaborate. Tks

On 11/14/2022 at 12:14 PM, mkshawn said:

Been using this organization for many years. Today I'm informed that they will not be able to transfer any funds to Mexico from my Canadian Bank Account as they are not licensed to operate in Mexico? I explained my issue was currently with their web interface, I was attempting to change the mobile #. to a number I use in Mexico. Question about where I was Located I said Location is Canada I am calling you on a Canadian Phone line at this moment. Anyone had this issue? Were you able to resolve it? If so pls elaborate. Tks

I used them for years, but was told being a non-resident of Canada for tax purposes I can no longer use their services. Switched to WISE.

Thanks for the heads up, we are both Tax Paying Canadian Citizens aka Snow Birds, so that would not apply to us. Strangely we made a transfer about 2.5 months ago, so this is all fairly new. We will update the board on the outcome. Another nail that's unwelcome given all the other issues that we have here with new regulations for financial reasons

28 minutes ago, mkshawn said:

Thanks for the heads up, we are both Tax Paying Canadian Citizens aka Snow Birds, so that would not apply to us. Strangely we made a transfer about 2.5 months ago, so this is all fairly new. We will update the board on the outcome. Another nail that's unwelcome given all the other issues that we have here with new regulations for financial reasons

I still pay Canadian taxes on various investments and savings, albeit at a different rate vs a resident.

32 minutes ago, mkshawn said:

....Another nail that's unwelcome given all the other issues that we have here with new regulations for financial reasons

And why should YOU be any different than everyone else dealing with ever-changing and tightening financial regulations?