Chapala.com Webboard

Damn, I miss Salvador's!

heidinrick

being a former reataurant owner, I know what a tough business it can be. In all the years we've lived here I've never posred a negative review of a restaurant...until now! Heidi and  I made the mistake of going to Scallionc this morning. The only example I'll give is that Heidi ordered Steak and Eggs which comes with fruit and potatos. She got the steak, and, nothing else! I ordered an omelette with bacon and cheese. The bacon was so tough I had to cut the omelete with a knife...3 bites and  i quit. In closing, the coffee was good!

• Thanks 1

I wish we still had Salvador's. But I still go what it's called now, Scallion's.  I do not like it as well as Salvador's, but it is slowly improving and soon it should meet the standards that many required when going to good old Salvador's 

I only go there for breakfast and enjoy socializing with my friends while drinking cup after cup of coffee while having a nice breakfast. I am very happy with my breakfast options but know nothing about the lunch and dinner menus.

I totally agree about Salvador's.  It was our breakfast option Lakeside.  They had a good breakfast menu, excellent prices and tasty food.  Have searched but never found a lakeside replacement for them.  I am surprised, with all the restaurants in Ajijic there is not a restaurant with a good menu, good food and a reasonable price.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

I always preferred the food at El Jardin , plus the people watching….

We often go to the El Jardin for people watching and breakfast.  The restaurant is one of the better options available but I still would have preferred Salvador's.

I just read this and thought I would share it. Diane is the owner of Simply Joyful in Ajijic.-

When your morning doesn't go as planned, sometimes it works out in your favor. I've been wanting to have breakfast at Emilia's ever since Nazli Navarro showed me pictures of her breakfast here but for some reason, I just never made it in. Boy, do I feel silly for missing out on this! They even have sugar free syrups for the perfect latte, with almond milk! My omelette is FULL of bacon, mushrooms, caramelized onions and melty cheese and somehow every piece of fruit is fresh and crisp, like the fruit Gods are on their side! But, the best part are the people working here. When everything happens with a beautiful genuine smile it changes your morning, which is so so appreciated! I couldn't find an active Facebook page for them though so I took their info from another post. 🙁"

I still go three times per week, trouble is the table I find most interesting is the smoking table. I don't smoke, and smoke from others doesn't bother me, so I'm able to sit there.  The breakfasts are not bad and of course one gets free coffee refills included in the price of the coffee.

14 hours ago, Oatsie said:

I'm a member of the local, English speaking Freemasonic Lodge.  We meet at 9 AM every Friday at 9 AM at Scallions.  Interested in Freemasonry or even joining us?  Drop in and say Hola.

I'm curious: Is Freemasonic Lodge still a boy's club?