Chapala.com Webboard

A very distubring article.

A U.S. retired vet wrote an article, if true, is very disturbing.

He said that many vets, including himself on occasion, would have dogs brought in weekly for several weeks, when they really didn't need to come in that often. The purpose of course was that the "parents" rarely left without a bill of at least $100.00.

He also admitted that he ordered in-house blood work, "just to be on the safe side," and this also added to the bill.

The vet said he was writing this article because he said he felt guilty, but he continued to do it.

He said that the purpose of any business was not just to help people and do a good job, but to make money. He said this was also true in the human medical profession.

I absolutely believe him, but when it comes to my furry children, it certainly is better safe than sorry. I was just surprised he wrote the article and didn't really see the point, but it was something that I felt to be true for decades.

I just found it interesting.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I would opine that vet services here are less than 50% of NOB prices, if not lower than 50%.

No, not an investigative report at all. Just someone doing what I do, making a comment for conversational purposes.

I do know there were some "undercover" investigations years ago about doctors ordering unneeded tests and keeping a patienr on  meds lounger than really needed.