Chapala.com Webboard

Brisas fiber optics

9 hours ago, phil in mexico said:

Fiber optics installed 1.6 down AMAZING ( Not ) in brisas 50 down lasted  4 days before  fibre I  had 12 down  be careful  what you wish for⚠️

We are having the same issues in CH. One of our members went to Telmex and this is what we have been asked to do. Email is the easiest and you will get a folio # quickly and in some cases members are being helped almost immediately.

"I reported the problem at Telmex today. Alejandra told me that the Telmex guys have told her this problem is happening in CH AND Brisas. She asked them for the account numbers so she could report it. They didn't have them. She said she is aware of this widespread problem, but doesn't have any account numbers to report it. She asked that EVERYONE come in and make a report and/or email her at abaranda@telmex.com. with your account number, phone #, cell phone number, and a description of the problem.  PLEASE, everyone report. She knows about it and needs everyone to report."

Suerte.

• Like 2

Phil, did you contact your installer as was suggested in the other thread about Fiber Optics problems?  We had to have the cable from the pole to our house replaced 2 days after it was installed as it quit working.  Our installer came and checked the line with his device and they rewired to our house, took about 1/2 hour.  Now we are back to getting 38  - 43  mbps consistently.  

The problems most of us are experiencing in CH has nothing to do with speed. We have people getting almost 100mbps, but at peak hours the system is buffering and in some cases, the TV goes black and you can't reconnect to YouTube and/or Netflix. This started when they drastically increased the number of people in CH and Brisas connected to FIOS.

Amazon has run numerous tests on Firesticks and in every case they have said the problem is the internet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chapalence said:

We are having the same issues in CH. One of our members went to Telmex and this is what we have been asked to do. Email is the easiest and you will get a folio # quickly and in some cases members are being helped almost immediately.

"I reported the problem at Telmex today. Alejandra told me that the Telmex guys have told her this problem is happening in CH AND Brisas. She asked them for the account numbers so she could report it. They didn't have them. She said she is aware of this widespread problem, but doesn't have any account numbers to report it. She asked that EVERYONE come in and make a report and/or email her at abaranda@telmex.com. with your account number, phone #, cell phone number, and a description of the problem.  PLEASE, everyone report. She knows about it and needs everyone to report."

Suerte.

Email address doesn't work.   

We have TelMex fiber in Rancho del Oro... Last month we were out 22 days...The problem was a broken fiber optic cable that was buried... I can't see how that happened but since this was the third "fix it" for the fiber we opted to pick up Total Play... While we now have constant internet we still get buffering at 4:30 each day on Fox News...

On 11/12/2022 at 5:35 AM, chapalence said:

Suerte.

Phil, you need to contact Telmex and make a report.

My previous post expains the easiest way to do this, which is by email.