Chapala.com Webboard

Government cancels mechanical verification of cars

Alpha1

The federal government announced the cancellation of the Standard that required owners of light vehicles to carry out the verification of physical-mechanical conditions.

The Ministry of Economy announced that on November 4 the National Commission for Quality Infrastructure canceled the technical inspection of the physical-mechanical conditions of light vehicles weighing less than 3.8 tons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alpha1 said:

The federal government announced the cancellation of the Standard that required owners of light vehicles to carry out the verification of physical-mechanical conditions.

The Ministry of Economy announced that on November 4 the National Commission for Quality Infrastructure canceled the technical inspection of the physical-mechanical conditions of light vehicles weighing less than 3.8 tons.

Would you please provide website information.  

35 minutes ago, Alpha1 said:

Click on the title link.

Thanks.  I can't find any reference to this change in any of the MX publications that I read.  Hopefully,  this is true.  However, without any type of testing,  we will probably see many older vehicles on the roads that shouldn't be.  

On 11/7/2022 at 5:19 PM, Mostlylost said:

This is regarding a federal program,  It does not modify state programs

Correct: AMLO's proposed federal vehicle inspection was rescinded; however, the Jalisco state emissions inspection is very much alive. I went for my (second) annual Verificación Responsable yesterday, in Ocotlán, and asked if we whose vehicles are registered and garaged here at Lakeside are included in the mandatory testing, as contradictory information is circulating. They confirmed that our area is included, and their understanding is that fines will begin sometime in 2023 as the area is close to reaching the 80 inspection lanes that is the cutoff. They also confirmed that foreign-plated vehicles (USA and Canada) who are garaged in Jalisco to area residents must comply with the emissions testing. To complete the online appointment for foreign cars, they said to make up a current -year date for the tarjeta de circulación receipt and tarjeta number and they will adjust these when you present your documents for review at the inspection station. Or, one can phone the call center number and they will make the appointment for you and email the document to take to Recaudadora or the bank for payment.

According to Governor Alfaro, documentation of inspection also provides a 10% discount in our upcoming annual vehicle registration. 

We were in and out in 20 minutes yesterday morning, including time for the above questions.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2022 at 11:29 AM, ibarra said:

Thanks.  I can't find any reference to this change in any of the MX publications that I read.  Hopefully,  this is true.  However, without any type of testing,  we will probably see many older vehicles on the roads that shouldn't be.  

Workers have to get around, as long as it runs, it will be on the roads. I wish I could have taken pictures of some of the jalopies I've seen over the years. In Mexico you as a driver have to be prepared for anything on the roads

On 11/15/2022 at 7:27 AM, sunshineydays said:

So I guess we just wait to be pulled over and fined to find out??

If your vehicle is not registered in greater GDL, Puerto Vallarta, Tepatitlan de Morelos or Ocotlan and you do not work daily in one of them...  the Jalisco verification program does not apply to you.

If a foreign plated vehicle same rules apply. Residence, or work in those areas listed

From the Jalisco website 

1.JPG

Edited by Mostlylost
Added foreign plated info
  • Thanks 2

On 11/15/2022 at 7:27 AM, sunshineydays said:

So I guess we just wait to be pulled over and fined to find out??

19 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

If your vehicle is not registered in greater GDL, Puerto Vallarta, or Ocotlan and you do not work daily in one of them...  the Jalisco verification program does not apply to you.

I think the many people who have tried to explain these very simple facts are just beating their heads against several brick walls. 🙄

• Thanks 2