Chapala.com Webboard

AMLO reveals that Walmart received a license to import food without tariffs

Alpha1

4 hours ago, bmh said:

Actually the baggers are back

But without bags. Unless, of course you bring your own.  Yesterday, a "bagger" put my purchases in the cart and tried to put heavy dish soap on top of potato chips.   This person took twice as long as it takes me to put stuff in the cart.   I'm sorry, but I will continue to load my cart.  

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

. .....  I'm sorry, but I will continue to load my cart.  

me too ibarra        old geezer ( OMG who am I calling old ??? 👵) today missed some of my stuff and luckily the cashier  caught it in time   had very little so couldn't get to it myself on time  I WILL give a tip if there's one there as I know they get no wages     but I want to control what goes where too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vetteforron said:

.....self check out so less cashiers .......

Sign outside self-check indicates Cash - Credit Card- Debit card       decided to try it ( old people have to learn new tricks)     6 stations were "manned" 

as I walked in guy assumed I wanted to pay with a card, and pointed me to a station  I said "no, effectivo"    there was ONLY ONE station where you could pay cash, with three people ahead of me in that line and only 2 "card payment"  stations in use          Hello?????????   so then stood in line 13 that had been announced over loudspeakers was ONLY accepting cash payments      yup     guy in front of me whipped out his card                   DUH?????

in Europe the self check are everywhere and work so it will eventually work here too. For years they have not offered bags and you have to weigh your own merchandise and put the price sticker on it as well then go out and check out.. We have a ways to go but we will get there.. no service supermarket...

1 hour ago, rvanparys said:

I like plastic bags, baggers, people who load my car, and a store that offers service along with quallity goods...Wally World does not qualify...

I don't like plastic bags, would rather bag into my own (when I remember to bring it into the store!!!), don't need help getting to the car etc etc.   That doesn't make me good nor you bad, just different.  

Pretty much every store of any size here in my Colorado city offers self checkout, not just Walmart. 

On 10/26/2022 at 4:39 PM, InChapala1 said:

Sometimes, lines at Walmart can be 20 deep with just 2-3 cashiers and checkout would take 45-60 minutes.. They are now giving us options w self-checkout. I like having options. If I want bags, baggers, etc. there's always Super Lake, Soriana or the local stores. Again, options.

For a small town we have quite a few options, including the Tianquis.  

Just spent nearly two months NOB, headed home on Monday.  Food prices up here are shocking.

• Like 3

On 10/25/2022 at 11:34 AM, vetteforron said:

This is great news. At Walmart they make the vendors stock their on items on their shelves, no more people bagging your groceries, no more bags, self check out so less cashiers and now no more import taxes. I am sure they will lower their prices. 

I WOULDN'T BET ON IT .  I have noticed some prices have gone up. One that I have been buying for 35 p just jumped to 50.p    Also I was in Walmart last week and the young girl said no to my tip.  I have been in there twice this past week and both times the bagger took my tip.

14 hours ago, Maryanna said:

I WOULDN'T BET ON IT .  I have noticed some prices have gone up. One that I have been buying for 35 p just jumped to 50.p    Also I was in Walmart last week and the young girl said no to my tip.  I have been in there twice this past week and both times the bagger took my tip.

My commit was sarcasm or I wanted it to be.