Chapala.com Webboard

Local Auto Parts outlets

Alfa

I think that the issue is that your said 'body parts'.  Most folks think of 'fenders, grills, door handles, etc  when talking about body parts.  You probably mean things like brakes pads, headlights, windshield wipers, motor oil and filters etc, no?  

With those kind of things....and if they are not specialized.... I have always been able to find them at either Auto Zone near Walmart or Orma across from Mom's Restaurant in Riberas. Once, needing a special rear differential fluid for a Honda CR-V, it had to be purchased in Guadalajara but my mechanic had it brought down same day.  

23 hours ago, Alfa said:

If the parts shops don't carry spare parts, what do you suppose they do carry? I have always assumed they carried a limited range of parts and will order any item they do not stock.

Parts stores do not carry "body parts" per your original post. You can check yourself here"  Body parts always come from dealers or used from junk yards

https://www.orma.com.mx/

https://www.autozone.com.mx/?intcmp=yext_topnav_busqueda

Well I see what my problem is. Thanks for all the information. I guess I will submit the car to a repair shop and let them worry about obtaining the two parts I need. I spoke to the deaaler and they said I would get a better price from a body shop than from them.