Chapala.com Webboard

Household list for customs, too late to use Menaje de Casa

11 hours ago, ExploringMexico said:

I am outside the window for the Menaje de Casa, am bringing my stuff down, though, and wonder if there is a format i need to follow to help boxes and stuff slide through customs. 

Thanks!

Several years ago I was bringing a large box of something that was questionable (not drugs etc.) and it was suggested taping a 200 peso note to a very visible position on the box.  If I were to do it again, I'd use a 500 peso note - inflation.

• Haha 1

To bring your possessions in yourself, just use the same format that you would have used for your menaje de casa declaration.  For household goods write the box number and a description of items in the box.  For electronics write the box number, description, make, model and serial number.  Both lists must be in Spanish.  Attached is an example from an older web site https://rollybrook.com/menaje.htm

HHMc78.jpg.f466e5354518094868cd15df312dd77c.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Oatsie said:

Several years ago I was bringing a large box of something that was questionable (not drugs etc.) and it was suggested taping a 200 peso note to a very visible position on the box.  If I were to do it again, I'd use a 500 peso note - inflation.

I carry carloads into Mexico at Laredo bridge II at least twice a year. I put new items in used boxes.  If I get a red light I say they are things for my rental house in Chapala and will return to US in 6 months. I HAVE NEVER EVER PAID A BRIBE. I have been asked a few times and I say I only have credit cards  waved through every time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1