Chapala.com Webboard

Best/safest way to stop ants in kitchen?

cookj5

I'm not sure if boric acid works but it works with roaches. Sprinkle it on oatmeal mixing it up a bit where they can get to it. It's tasteless and the roaches eat it. It's a white powder.

Could ask persons that manage or own kitchens. If there is a health inspector for restaurants and bakeries, you could try asking them what is allowable by law which should be something that works and doesn't taint food or end up poisoning anything you eat. Good luck. A thorough cleaning is also needed. Spilled sugar soaked into wood grains or cracks can always bring them back.

Boric acid sort of works (mixed with fine sugar) , but they need to walk thru it and then clean their feet. I use a white liquid sold at most ferreterias called "PlagaSin"  (without pests).

Pre-mixed 1 L. bottle with squeeze-sprayer (red). You must shake vigorously before using. Sprayer can be set on direct stream (my fav), spray, closed ( for safety).  Safe for people and pets, but I'm still a careful where I put it outside of closed cupboards etc.  If you can find ant trails,  direct-stream  right along them, including up to electric outlets, cracks in grout, boveda ceilings, etc..They die immediately!!  Cheap too 🙂   If you don't use it in a while, and spray doesn't want to happen,  might have sediment in bottom of the bottle clogging the intake. Easy to remedy.

Some time ago I did a search here on the board and followed instructions mixing sugar, water, and boric acid. Once well mixed the directions suggested dipping cotton balls in the liquid just enough to moisten.

Both times we've been invaded I have placed a couple of the moistened balls in their path and by the next morning there are no ants to be found.

I have to do a search each time to find the amounts to mix, so I'm sure you can find it.

Buy small jars of boric acid at ferreterías or garden shops.