Chapala.com Webboard

The “new” Quattro Mori?

Ericanuck

3 hours ago, Ericanuck said:

It looks like this restaurant has been “reinvented” recently. Has anyone had the chance to try it and if so, what are the impressions? Gracias. 

It is just west of La Pacena and Fridas Tacos on the same side of the road. They have been advertising their new breakfast menu on Facebook. La Taverna del Quattro Mori I think. 

We always like the food. From their original location out west by the French bakery, then across from SuperLake on the east end of that string of businesses. 

We always brought our own salad dressing as we aren't fans of balsamic vinegar in salad dressings. 

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

We always like the food. From their original location out west by the French bakery, then across from SuperLake on the east end of that string of businesses. 

We always brought our own salad dressing as we aren't fans of balsamic vinegar in salad dressings. 

And the question was has anyone tried the new version recently?

8 hours ago, tomgates said:

There was no difference in the 2 locations previously so I wouldn't expect any with this new location. Why not just go try it?

It is not a new location. It is a change in operations.  example  Now offering breakfast.  As in the OP's post  It looks like this restaurant has been “reinvented” recently. so obviously there are changes, thus making your "expectations"  wrong. Maybe the OP lives a long way from the restaurant and wants information before going there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carnivore said:

They would be wise to change the name.  The prior owner was dictatorial and rude. 

That was exactly my thought when I heard there was a new owner. Anyone who experienced the original owner might not know that it's changed hands since the name is still the same. Bad marketing move imho.

On 11/5/2022 at 6:35 AM, Ericanuck said:

Still waiting to hear from anyone who can comment on the CURRENT operation but thanks anyway. 😂

Ericanuck - I'll try again (this will be the 3rd time) and I'll add:  The food is well presented basic Italian fare, good quality, good value and, the restaurant is meticulously clean.  You won't encounter the unpleasantness of the original despicable owner.  We observed him filling wine bottles, with local cheap jug crap! We never returned nor did many others we knew.

They would be wise to change the name.  The prior owner was dictatorial and rude. 
The current owner over the last two years works hard and has reinvented the Restaurant. 
We have visited and have no complaints.  

2 hours ago, Carnivore said:

Ericanuck - I'll try again (this will be the 3rd time) and I'll add:  The food is well presented basic Italian fare, good quality, good value and, the restaurant is meticulously clean.  You won't encounter the unpleasantness of the original despicable owner.  We observed him filling wine bottles, with local cheap jug crap! We never returned nor did many others we knew.

The current owner over the last two years works hard and has reinvented the Restaurant. 

2 hours ago, Carnivore said:

Thanks. I appreciate your perseverance. 😉