Chapala.com Webboard

New Electronic FFM Form

colormeblue

Has anyone used the new electronic form designed to replace the paper FFM forms for entering Mexico? The link to the form is HERE

A friend is coming to visit and found that the drop-down list to indicate the port of entry does not contain an entry for the Guadalajara airport, Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla, or a city name. Is this a problem that the government will correct ahorita or is there some other work-around? Paper FMM forms do not seem to be given by the airlines any longer.  

• 2 weeks later...

My sisters and I flew into Guad last week. I have my permanente,  tu they are tourists. We did not need any firm other than the customs one. Their passports were stamped and. Date written in when they had to be out of Mexico by. Leaving they just had to show that to the ticket desk and all was good. Very easy process and the line went very quickly .

• Thanks 1

On 10/13/2022 at 10:41 AM, colormeblue said:

Has anyone used the new electronic form designed to replace the paper FFM forms for entering Mexico? The link to the form is HERE

A friend is coming to visit and found that the drop-down list to indicate the port of entry does not contain an entry for the Guadalajara airport, Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla, or a city name. Is this a problem that the government will correct ahorita or is there some other work-around? Paper FMM forms do not seem to be given by the airlines any longer.  

This is because the group of airports to which GDL belongs (Grupo aeroportuario del Pacífico) is not on the system to take the electronic FMM, which is only for tourists (not residents nor Canje). Incoming flights to GDL have not been asking for the form for several weeks now, instead stamping the incoming passenger's passport with an "E" (for Entrada) seal and handwriting in the number of days given for legal stay in México.