Chapala.com Webboard

Will running central ac regularly put you in the DAC rate?

4 hours ago, blankletmusic said:

I know not too many houses have it but if you do and if you run it fairly often in the hotter weather will you likely wind up stuck in the DAC rate for the usual period? I know the term "fairly often" is very subjective and likely has a different meaning to everyone.

Probably

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RickS said:

Once one is in DAC, I don't *think* that one returns to non-DAC the next month if consumption drops...

You're right RickS. One does not. It used to be minimum 6 months AND consumption down (never been there ourselves) so some else might be able to say how long now. I do know CFE will NOT make it easy to revert!!

If you average over 3000 KW hours during your 12-month period, you go on DAC. To get off DAC, you have to ensure that you do not reach that 3000 mark during your 12-month period. I think each client has a different 12-month period based upon when he first opened his account. I might be wrong about that.

I just know that I left DAC soon after I put in solar panels and have found them to be a great investment

6 hours ago, johanson said:

I think each client has a different 12-month period based upon when he first opened his account

It is computed as the average of the most recent 6 billing periods (12 months) of kWh consumption, that determines being "DAC'd" or not.     So it could actually change from one bill to the next, back and forth, >>>  though in reality that is not common.       

• Like 1

Thanks, Go Solar. Now that you explained it, I now remember. I guess I'm getting a little old and forgetful minded.                 :)

.                                                                            . :)    .                 :)