Chapala.com Webboard

Smog check complete

Herman

I heard that too, but only if we did not drive to and/or through Guadalajara where they enforced these rules. All I know is that my 2013 Honda CRV only has 26,000 Km on it because I never leave lakeside in my car. At least not yet :) For me, a long drive is when I go from Ajijic all the way to Mom's Delli or Panchos in West Chapala for lunch or to shop.

The trouble here is that things are always changing even in the newspapers, which is part of life in Mexico. 

For example, one week they said that people residing in municipalities of less than 100,000 people were exempt from the emissions test. 

Then about a week later, there was an article saying that enforcement of  fines for no emissions tests would be delayed until January, 2023. 

Then I read that people who get emissions voluntarily might get some discount in renewing their license plates.

Who knows?  Things can change again.

However, if there was logic, then they should realize that all the people here and surrounding areas would need a facility here and not have to go to Ocotlan.   Like the former emissions test had a facility in Chapala ( I think on Zaragoza). 

3 hours ago, mexijims1 said:

The trouble here is that things are always changing even in the newspapers, which is part of life in Mexico. 

For example, one week they said that people residing in municipalities of less than 100,000 people were exempt from the emissions test. 

Then about a week later, there was an article saying that enforcement of  fines for no emissions tests would be delayed until January, 2023. 

Then I read that people who get emissions voluntarily might get some discount in renewing their license plates.

Who knows?  Things can change again.

However, if there was logic, then they should realize that all the people here and surrounding areas would need a facility here and not have to go to Ocotlan.   Like the former emissions test had a facility in Chapala ( I think on Zaragoza). 

CHANGING GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS ARE PART OF LIFE ALL OVER THE WORLD... ALL THE TIME

HOWEVER...........................

one week they said that people residing in municipalities of less than 100,000 people were exempt from the emissions test. 

HAS NOT CHANGED  

article saying that enforcement of  fines for no emissions tests would be delayed until January, 2023. 

HAS NOT CHANGED  

HAS NOT CHANGED

NOTHING HAS CHANGED FOR 2022-2023 

• Thanks 1

According to  INEGUI, as shown below, the Guad metro area  Includes 10 municipalities, and Chapala/Ajijic/Jocotopec are NOT on the list.  

Municipio    
Zapopan, Guadalajara, Tlajomulco, Tlaquepaque , Tonalá  , El Salto, Ixtlahuacán de los Membrillos  , Zapotlanejo ,Juanacatlán , Acatlán de Juárez