Chapala.com Webboard

Registering a car

I can't say.

The car's factura for sure.

They'll tell you if they need anything else. 

If there are any fines owed, you'll need to pay them. I have always heard that it's a good idea to go there with the seller and not exchange the money until you're certain the factura is clean and there's no fines owed.

• Thanks 2

Just go to the Recaudadora office and ask them what you require, some of the documents you need photo copies of.. Depending on the vehicle you might need a substantial amount of pesos, for sure you will need about $700 peso to pay for the license sticker which isn’t actually a sticker any more, plus pesos for the transfer fee and even more pesos for the tax…

• Thanks 1

https://sefinenlinea.jalisco.gob.mx/agendarecaudadora/Agenda.aspx

You need copies of everything mentioned above including both sides of your immigration card.  Also the "transfer wording" mentioned above with the previous owners signature.  

You must make an appointment first at the above website  Set up a username and password first.

1 hour ago, TelsZ4 said:

You don’t need an appointment or a user name or a password.. you just walk in with all of the required paperwork and pesos .. Unless they have changed things in the last 8 day that is, because 8 days there was no one in the place …

I was the seller and did the transfer on Monday I didn't go,the buyer did everything.

11 hours ago, happyjillin said:

You don’t need an appointment or a user name or a password.. you just walk in with all of the required paperwork and pesos .. Unless they have changed things in the last 8 day that is, because 8 days there was no one in the place …

If you purchased a vehicle 8 days ago and changed the registration without an appointment, then you are correct it has changed.

I purchased and changed the registration 6 days ago.  To sit in the office with the lady who reviews the vehicles' documentation and before you stand in the almost empty Payment Lines, you must make an appointment online.