Chapala.com Webboard

Change your clocks for the LAST time!!!

Natasha

26 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Works for me! However, my dogs hate it when the clocks go back in the fall and I have to do the meal change in 15 minute increments to get them adjusted.

And all of us pet owners.... but then think of it this way.... after this one, no more adjustments....EVER!!!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Natasha said:

AMLO et al have officially voted/ confirmed....... after this October's end to DST,   Mexico will forever remain on "God's Time"....... and remain on standard time year round. Big YYEESSS from this house..... 🤩

Where did you see that this has passed everywhere? The most recent article that I can find is a week old and final voting hadn't happened ( partial vote slated for tomorrow,  5 October).   Here is what I found:

The bill – which proposes a new Time Zones Law – will now be considered by all 500 deputies, with debate and a vote slated to be held Wednesday. If it passes the Chamber of Deputies, the bill will face a vote in the Senate.

My husband saw it on FB this morning. Following copied from what  HE copied. 

It's all over! Goodbye to the time change!

This coming October 30, 2022, the schedule will be changed to your watch for the last time (after 26 years), which will be fixed schedule, God's schedule and there will no longer be Daylight Savings Time. This October 30th will be the change of time, where, your watch will be delayed by one hour and will be the last time you will do it again, because, there will no longer be a change of Summer Time..

Newspaper in Puerto Vallarta 4 days ago seemed to be certain it will be done deal. I thought I heard it mentioned in Guad TV news this a.m. but they are still                carrying on a great length over the Sunday "incident" at /near Plaza Andares so I had it sort of half tuned out. I WOULD go on n+mas.mx but they won't let me disable tracking cookies .........     At the bank today the teller seemed to believe it was confirmed too.

If I'm premature, I'm sorry.  AMLO is determined this will go thru (source of the "God's" schedule remark he's used for quite a while) so I think we can pretty much count these chickens, even if the shells aren't fully opened yet. At least I HOPE so.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, luvsdawgs said:

Apparently this is not official yet. 

No it is not a law yet.  The Cámara de Diputados will vote first.  

https://web.diputados.gob.mx/inicio  

If it passes then the Senado de la República will have to vote to approve before it can be signed into law. 

https://www.senado.gob.mx/64/

Never a good idea to rely on facebook for your news source  

• Like 1

Found in L. A. Times newspaper dated Sept 29..... talking about how the Chamber has already passed it with HUGE majority..and more. (see italics)

"...Con 445 votos a favor, ocho en contra y 33 abstenciones..........  El Senado discutirá en los próximos días la iniciativa legislativa que de aprobarse podría entrar en vigencia a finales del próximo mes.    

".... with 445 votes in favor, 8 against, and 33 abstentions..........The Senate will debate the legislative initiative in the following few days and if approved could come into force at the end of next month (meaning October 2022).     So I'm still pretty confident this is a done deal.

3 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Never a good idea to rely on facebook for your news source  

Absolutely right ML.        But in the same L.A. TImes article, it began with".....La Cámara de Diputados aprobó el jueves la eliminación del horario de verano...."   

"The Chamber approved the elimination of DST ( as we know it) on Thursday (meaning Sept 29)     I guess we'll know when we know........