Chapala.com Webboard

FLU SHOTS

I'm up here in Seattle for my annual early fall visit and will be coming back soon. I just checked my local drugstore to see when they had room to schedule me for a flu shot and the soonest vacancy was almost three weeks away. Are flu shots readily available down there? Thanks in advance for any help.

I just got a call from my Seattle Dr.'s office, which is 4 or 5 blocks away, and I shall be walking over this afternoon to get my shot today. So it looks like my problem has been solved. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and private messages with suggestions.

Translated from the Governor's FB page- "

Starting today and until March 31, 2023, the national vaccination campaign against seasonal influenza begins, with priority at the start in risk groups, which are girls and boys from 6 months to 5 years old, people 60 years old and more, pregnant women and all health personnel.

Be careful, this campaign does not leave out the rest of the population, it only attends first to those who are most vulnerable to this disease from which, year after year, we must protect ourselves with the arrival of the cold.  The goal is to reach at least 70% of Jalisco residents by the end of the year.

The pandemic taught us the importance of getting vaccinated.  Let's not let seasonal influenza risk your life or the health of those you love most, preventing it is as easy as a free and safe vaccine at any health center, IMSS or ISSSTE."

The local Centros de Salud should have them acording to this. 

Well. I got my flu shot. And the Doc said I didn't need another Covid Booster, because I just got over a mild case of Covid about 10 days ago. And by the way, if you have had all of your Covid shots as I had, being sick with Covid wasn't that bad, at least not with this old man.

• Like 2