Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw TV service

• 11 months later...
31 minutes ago, Kalik said:

I watch these channels daily but I am only interested in sports & news.

To what end, follow the lives of overpaid jocks and ego-inflated politicians... or is it the other way around?

No, same piles in my mind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is really weird.  I'm watching Shaw now.  I have an 800 receiver and still get most of my channels, but.....at 7 p.m. every night, it goes off and I get nada.  However, in the morning, everything returns.  I watch CNN off and on all day, along with my favorite channels.  I don't understand why some people have no programming and others do.  It's frustrating for it to go off every night, but I've learned to love my Kindle.

Just now, Joanie said:

This is really weird.  I'm watching Shaw now.  I have an 800 receiver and still get most of my channels, but.....at 7 p.m. every night, it goes off and I get nada.  However, in the morning, everything returns.  I watch CNN off and on all day, along with my favorite channels.  I don't understand why some people have no programming and others do.  It's frustrating for it to go off every night, but I've learned to love my Kindle.

Definitely strange...  We watch Shaw exclusively on a 830 receiver and it's loud and clear all evening. and all day. 

Sorry if you read this in the other Shaw thread, but here it goes:

Here's a solution for satellite alternatives.  Buy a streaming device, if you're on a budget I would suggest the ONN TV box on Amazon Mexico.  It's about $650 pesos. If you're not on a budget and want to watch 3 or 4 screens at the same time - get the Nvidia Shield Pro. Around $4,300 pesos.  Stay away from Firesticks and Fire Cube, Amazon is going to stop supporting Android in 2024.  Setup your device (easy, just need a Google account).  Get a solid IPTV player from the Google PlayStore.  The best free version I've used is XCIPTV player. For about a $30 US lifetime subscription, TiviMate is a great option.  Also another great app is Sparkle IPTV player, and it's about $15 for a lifetime, if I remember correctly.  Then DM me and I'll send you a link to purchase a high quality service.  I'm not a seller or reseller, I just use the service and find it very reliable.  It's $10 US a month on a three month plan. They will send you a server address, a username and password.  Setup takes about 5 minutes.  The whole process is much easier than people think and your yearly costs are a fraction of satellite services. You also get all of the Premium Channels like HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, and all of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL packages.

8 minutes ago, All Day said:

Sorry if you read this in the other Shaw thread, but here it goes:

Here's a solution for satellite alternatives.  Buy a streaming device, if you're on a budget I would suggest the ONN TV box on Amazon Mexico.  It's about $650 pesos. If you're not on a budget and want to watch 3 or 4 screens at the same time - get the Nvidia Shield Pro. Around $4,300 pesos.  Stay away from Firesticks and Fire Cube, Amazon is going to stop supporting Android in 2024.  Setup your device (easy, just need a Google account).  Get a solid IPTV player from the Google PlayStore.  The best free version I've used is XCIPTV player. For about a $30 US lifetime subscription, TiviMate is a great option.  Also another great app is Sparkle IPTV player, and it's about $15 for a lifetime, if I remember correctly.  Then DM me and I'll send you a link to purchase a high quality service.  I'm not a seller or reseller, I just use the service and find it very reliable.  It's $10 US a month on a three month plan. They will send you a server address, a username and password.  Setup takes about 5 minutes.  The whole process is much easier than people think and your yearly costs are a fraction of satellite services. You also get all of the Premium Channels like HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, and all of the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL packages.

2 questions;  If all the services you mention are included for $10 per month, (which is far less than those services charge *HBO subscription is $10 a month by itself*)  then is the website that you will only give by PM legal?     And why only by PM instead of just posting the website so we can check it out? 

The reason why some people are losing all signals and others do not have to do with your dish size and how accurately the dish is aimed.  As the Anik F2 satellite continues a slow death, it's orbit will continuing to decay.  It is in what is referred to as an "inclined" orbit .  It now has a latitude/longitude deviation of 0.8 degrees which means you may notice reception outages for a period of time during the day, depending on how large your dish is.  In this case, bigger is NOT better.  The larger dishes have a much more narrow beam reception and the satellite falls out of the "center-of-box" as the inclination deviation increases.  In my case, I have a larger dish and lose all reception from about 7PM to 4AM  each day.  Those with smaller dishes (such as the 75cm. ones), can receive signals for longer periods.  This however will continue to become worse over the next few months.  For more information, check out these links.

https://www.shawbroadcast.com/Content/US/Anik.htm

Here is a link to a web site that provides motion charts regarding the drift of the satellite. Getting to be a beast to aim at accurately.

https://www.satellite-calculations.com/Satellite/satellitemotion.php?26/171/0/28378

14 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

2 questions;  If all the services you mention are included for $10 per month, (which is far less than those services charge *HBO subscription is $10 a month by itself*)  then is the website that you will only give by PM legal?     And why only by PM instead of just posting the website so we can check it out? 

Of course they're not legal.  But you already knew that.  As far as legal goes, I don't think using Shaw in Mexico is legal, or sharing receivers etc.  Or buying DVD's in the parking lot of Superlake.  The reason I don't post links is just a courtesy to the website.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Ezzie said:

The reason why some people are losing all signals and others do not have to do with your dish size and how accurately the dish is aimed.  As the Anik F2 satellite continues a slow death, it's orbit will continuing to decay.  It is in what is referred to as an "inclined" orbit .  It now has a latitude/longitude deviation of 0.8 degrees which means you may notice reception outages for a period of time during the day, depending on how large your dish is.  In this case, bigger is NOT better.  The larger dishes have a much more narrow beam reception and the satellite falls out of the "center-of-box" as the inclination deviation increases.  In my case, I have a larger dish and lose all reception from about 7PM to 4AM  each day.  Those with smaller dishes (such as the 75cm. ones), can receive signals for longer periods.  This however will continue to become worse over the next few months.  For more information, check out these links.

https://www.shawbroadcast.com/Content/US/Anik.htm

The dinosaur is dying.

If you are willing to make some effort to set up your channels, there is a no-cost way to watch some of what you are looking for using a computer (connected to your TV) and a VPN. The free application VLC Media Player (and others) will load a playlist of IPTV channels. You can download a playlist of IPTV channels (ex. index.nsfw.m3u) from https://github.com/iptv-org/iptv#playlists  There are many hundreds of channels in the list including several PBS stations that work, CNN, Al Jazeera, a couple of CBC channels, TV5, a few USA network stations, Mexican stations, movie channels and other channels from various parts of the world. Once you load the playlist you can sort it to make it easier to find what you want and you can copy and paste to make your own playlist file. Lots of channels are full HDMI and play with rare dropouts, but I find the VLC player does freeze from time to time and has to be restarted.

• Like 1