Chapala.com Webboard

TELMEX STRIKES AGAIN!

heidinrick

We 've been using cablevision, in Riberas, as our internet provider for about 3 years. We get 15 mg for $400 pesos per month. Not the fastest, but, very reliable. Not a single outage since we started. I happened to be in Telmex and saw their flyer advertizing 50 mg for $349. I thought wow, 3x faster for less money! So, being the dummy that I am,I signed up. They said there would be an installation charge of $1000 pesos whicj I agreed to. The following Friday they arrived to install the system. When the tech was finished, I ran a speed check and saw I was getting 19 mg...a far cry from their advertizement! I told the tech and he shrugged his shoulders and left. The following morning, Aug 14th, I had no interner! The next 2 days, the same. I disconnected the modem and went to Telmex and cancelled. They sais gee, that's too bad but you still have to pay for installation. Went again this morning, after receiving a bill, and, got the same story! Must be nice to have a business where you don't have to care about your clients! Obviously Carlos needs the money!

When it comes to Telmex, it all depends upon where you live and the quality of the wiring between you and Telmex. I live very close to the Ajijic Telmex on the mountain side of town, and I have excellent internet service. I pay $499 per month and am getting 50 Mb/sec down by 10 up most of the time. Yet I know folks who live on side streets where the wiring is not that good who are getting less than a third of that.  

It all depends upon where you live and the quality of the telephone lines between you and the Internet Service provider or ISP

I would recommend that you check with your neighbors when choosing a new internet option before trying it yourself

It's typical Telmex over promise-under deliver. If you cannot provide the service don't "BS" your clients just to get theis

r money! Crappy way to conduct business!

On 8/28/2022 at 11:31 AM, artsnob said:

Last night we went there at 6:30 there was a sign on door they now only open 10 to 6,,No longer open evenings.. stupid..

• Like 1

Go to Telmex - desk to the right at the entrance who handles fibre optic. I signed up about 2 months ago and she said it would be a month till they got to my district.  I saw them working down the street a month later and sure enough.  Just checked and download of 158 and up is   94.  Love it.

1 hour ago, Jim Bowie said:

They do no guarantee you need to read carefully what it says.  It says "up to 50 mb, so 19 is actually "up to 50". You got what they said they would give. Not their fault you can read. :D

Reading and comprehension are two different issues.   But I get your point. 

1 hour ago, Jim Bowie said:

They do no guarantee you need to read carefully what it says.  It says "up to 50 mb, so 19 is actually "up to 50". You got what they said they would give. Not their fault you can read. :D

Nice to have someone point out that you were a fool for thinking you would get 50 down or something close to that... and for you to also assume that it would actually work at all the next day for 2 days.  Kindred Spirit I suppose.