Chapala.com Webboard

Why is the Peso so resilient against the $US

lakeside7

Many currency's around the world are "tanking" against the $US, and yet the Peso seems to be holding a steady ex rate

The CAD is now 0.73 and our UK cousins 1.083 and the EUR 0.96. And god help the folks from Argentina at 145 pesos to the $.

The last (long) time I was in ARG I got 2 pesos to the $.    Despite its warts the US still seems to be the safe haven! For some folks at Lakeside who are on a basic pension this devaluation must be causing some pain

Mexico has a excellent person in charge of the treasury. Mexico did not go overboard with stimulus payments during covid.

Very stable monetary policy

Mexico has many foreign companies building  factories to be close to USA and avoid long ocean supply issues.

Cheap cost to make items overseas not the issue any more,  be able to supply on time is the new issue.

Mexico is trading less with USA now, then before the Trump era. doing 20% more business with other countries around the world/

recession my cause peso to go to 21

• Like 1