Chapala.com Webboard

Other Locations with Large ExPat Communities

lakeside7

Traffic is certainly a mess.... but so is Lakeside, no?  Also, when you were living there a ton of the pollution was being caused by the many 'brick kilns" there. Those have been 'outlawed' which really helped. Certainly not pristine now but not as bad as years ago me thinks.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RickS said:

Traffic is certainly a mess.... but so is Lakeside, no?  Also, when you were living there a ton of the pollution was being caused by the many 'brick kilns" there. Those have been 'outlawed' which really helped. Certainly not pristine now but not as bad as years ago me thinks.

True about the air being helped by the brick kiln outlawing.  However, the traffic is, if possible, worse than ours!

In any case, the altitude is tough on anyone with health problems, which is the main reason I left, to be honest.

On 9/26/2022 at 5:26 AM, ibarra said:

We didn't care for it.  Stayed there once. Typical MX City, church in the center, museum and not much else.  The bay of Agiabampo, is about an hour away, devoid of infrastructure but splendorous in its pure nature.   We preferred the municipality of Navojoa which is the fifth-largest in Sonora, with 145,000 residents. Approximately 100,000 of those residents live in the city of Navojoa, which is a bustling city in one of the most productive agricultural regions of Mexico.  But when deciding where to live, we chose San Carlos.  Hands down winner.

We spend our winters camped at Huatabampito, on the beach below Alamos. I beg to differ with your assessment of the historical treasure of Alamos. A trip up the mountain to Alamos is always a highlight of our winter trip. I can find noting mundane about it, it has such an amazing history and is considered a great treasure by most Mexicans, especially those who flock to their world famous music festival. Americans from the southwest have been instrumental in encouraging the ongoing restoration of the many historic buildings. For a video about the music festival go to: 

31 minutes ago, Sunshine Girl said:

We spend our winters camped at Huatabampito, on the beach below Alamos. I beg to differ with your assessment of the historical treasure of Alamos. A trip up the mountain to Alamos is always a highlight of our winter trip. I can find noting mundane about it, it has such an amazing history and is considered a great treasure by most Mexicans, especially those who flock to their world famous music festival. Americans from the southwest have been instrumental in encouraging the ongoing restoration of the many historic buildings. For a video about the music festival go to: 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. 

• Like 1