Chapala.com Webboard

Airport Procedures

Zeb

I don't think the search feature is working on the forum.  I put the work "airport" in and got nothing.  Hard to believe the lack of results.

My questions is, if anyone has left Mexico recently, is it still necessary to go to Immigration prior to checking in with the airline?

I wonder how many of the posters actually arrived or departed Mexico in the last few week.

On the 14th I actually arrived in Mexico City.and the immigration person threw the top half of my form which I had since I left Mexico a few months ago in the trash and said not required anymore. She just stamped and wrote something eligible in my passport.

As I posted on this board, I flew from GDL to Seattle on Saturday, and the AA ticket agent wouldn't give me my ticket until I filled out and completed as much as I could on the IMM or INM card or whatever it is called. Now will I need the upper part of the card which they gave back to me to use when returning? I don't know.

10 hours ago, johanson said:

As I posted on this board, I flew from GDL to Seattle on Saturday, and the AA ticket agent wouldn't give me my ticket until I filled out and completed as much as I could on the IMM or INM card or whatever it is called. Now will I need the upper part of the card which they gave back to me to use when returning? I don't know.

Pete, you are asking questions nobody is qualified to answer. Just hang on the that half until you return and let us know what happen then! Its a system in change.

• Like 1

I didn't mean to ask a question. I simply meant to let you know what I experienced last Saturday and will report when I fly back to Mexico (entering in Guadalajara) whether or not I have to complete filling out the INM form and turn it back in. It's no big deal.

On 9/19/2022 at 4:35 PM, RickS said:

... and then there is the Post from today (9/19/22) about an arrival at GDL Saturday 9/17.... No forms, just must recite your flight # (which of course EVERYONE knows for every flight they take!). 

And spouse came in yesterday, 20 Sept, on AA from Dallas and same in-cabin announcement: no more forms, know your flight number, which is AA xxx. And again no announcement to mask up in terminal, where few were masked. So, consistent at least from Saturday thru yesterday.

Well, this is Mexico and INM at airport arrivals keep changing things. 

Back in August, we returned from the U.S. and  they did not take the top half of your INM form upon return to MX.  Was told on webboard that Guad was part of a study that INM was trying to upgrade their data base away from paper forms to computerizing things.

However, when returned from the U.S. this past Saturday, Sept. 24th, INM did take our paper form from us upon arrival to Guad.  American airlines did not make any announcement on the plane.   However, they did pass out the INM forms, BUT did not pass out Customs form.   Upon departing INM, there was a person passing out xeroxed copies of Customs forms to fill out.    

As for masks upon arrival, there were few masks worn at the baggage area and no enforcement of mask wearing there. 

So procedures never seem to be consistent.