Chapala.com Webboard

dottiejane

dottiejane

I bought my first bottle of amiodarone since arriving in mexico and was more than surprised that it cost 400 pesos for 20 tablets.  Granted I am not in Kansas anymore but this is a very inexpensive medicine in the states.  Does anyone else use this?   - For me it is for AFib which I must take daily along with Eloquist another very expensive drug which I bought at parmStore in Canada for far less than it is even sold here in Mexico.  

I can't get Pharmstore to send meds  here and am reluctant to ask anyone to carry drugs across the border in their suitcases - Question is - since rumor has it that medicines are far less expensive in Mexico - is it also true that some are more expensive?  

Shop around. Learn which generics are available in México an what the names are for them. 

Walmart offers a 4th pkg. free with the purchase of 3, plus 5% additional off if you have an INAPAM card or look like you're eligible. Similares gives 25% off their already low prices on Mondays. I often find good deals on Mercado Libre. 

I steer clear of Farmacia Guadalajara and several favorites of the expat population. 

3 hours ago, dottiejane said:

I bought my first bottle of amiodarone since arriving in mexico and was more than surprised that it cost 400 pesos for 20 tablets.  Granted I am not in Kansas anymore but this is a very inexpensive medicine in the states.  Does anyone else use this?   - For me it is for AFib which I must take daily along with Eloquist another very expensive drug which I bought at parmStore in Canada for far less than it is even sold here in Mexico.  

I can't get Pharmstore to send meds  here and am reluctant to ask anyone to carry drugs across the border in their suitcases - Question is - since rumor has it that medicines are far less expensive in Mexico - is it also true that some are more expensive?  

Yep ! Especially f you need the medicine for more than 10 days it can get Very expensive. 

When one lives here,one pays the price for drugs here. I need a ton of them. So what if they're more expensive than somewhere else. The costs are roughly what they are for the same in Canada,in any event. Find something else to moan about unless you get off complaining about something ya can't change.-SNORK!

• Sad 1

Wow - so sorry i upset you on this lovely morning with my "moaning and complaining" re the cost of medicines.  As it happens, I am not a wealthy expat and every expense has to be factored in to my budget.  I am sorry you are on a "ton of medicines" and hope they are making you happy and healthy.  I have had a lot of very helpful suggestions to my  questions on this site which I thught was its purpose buti t appears that to you, a question is a complaint or  a moan. I suggest if you see my name again, you just skip over it and let more patient and less snorky  folks respond.    

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dottiejane said:

Wow - so sorry i upset you on this lovely morning with my "moaning and complaining" re the cost of medicines.  As it happens, I am not a wealthy expat and every expense has to be factored in to my budget.  I am sorry you are on a "ton of medicines" and hope they are making you happy and healthy.  I have had a lot of very helpful suggestions to my  questions on this site which I thught was its purpose buti t appears that to you, a question is a complaint or  a moan. I suggest if you see my name again, you just skip over it and let more patient and less snorky  folks respond.    

Nobody on this board can cause me to be upset but apparently you can upset yourself. My meds are to keep me alive just a bit longer  but looks like my time will be up shortly with my heart failure kicking in on top of the COPD. My docs are concerned.  Carry on with yer feeling sorry for yourself because you failed to do due diligence before you moved here. We are not rich expats but prepared before hand for med expenses here. because of my rapid deterioration in the last couple of years we have spent thousands and I'm not whining about it. I have helped many people on this board.

• Like 4