Chapala.com Webboard

Changing to new phone with Telcel plan

sm1mex

Telcel does not care what phone their SIM is in as long as it fits.

I just dumped Telcel's monthly plan and have gone back to Amigo. Why? For 200 pesos (as opposed to 299 pesos) I get more gigabytes and the same unlimited text and calling PLUS I get to accumulate gigabytes if I don't use them and recharge one day before it's due to expire. Kinda handy to have those stashed gigabytes when there's an electrical problem and I want to use the phone as a hotspot. Got to keep the same number too. Don't have to print off a bill for Oxxo to scan... can just walk in, give them my number, and add as much as I want or need. I also didn't much like the "extra" charge once a year that showed up on my Telcel plan. Fer what?

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Jack1974 said:

I am locked into a TELCEL contract that doesn’t seem competitive. Is there a way to find out when I am free on myTELCEL?  I do not speak Spanish, and can’t seem to find it.  Does anyone have a kind TELCEL person they can refer me to for english service?  Thanks 

Go to the Telcel office in Plaza Laguna. Ask for an English speaking rep. They have them there. They know all the plans available.

• Like 1

At my annual contract renewal of Telcel at a store near Alex Pasta and Plaza Bouganvilla , I asked for a better phone than the junk phones they offer. I was charged more than the Telcel prices. When I went to pickup my phone I was switched to another phone and overcharged $2500p BEWARE Go to the main store.

4 hours ago, HarryB said:

At my annual contract renewal of Telcel at a store near Alex Pasta and Plaza Bouganvilla , I asked for a better phone than the junk phones they offer. I was charged more than the Telcel prices. When I went to pickup my phone I was switched to another phone and overcharged $2500p BEWARE Go to the main store.

No matter how many warnings are posted about this place, people keep right on going there.

The same can be said of AT&T.