Chapala.com Webboard

Today Sept 3, come to Plaza Ajijic and find out who was crowned queen of Fiestas Patrias

roberto

Roberto..... was your job in another life Activities Coordinator somewhere?  What's with three recent postings?  Please stop cluttering up this board with stuff people already know about or can access other ways. Personally I'm finding it a little insulting. Anyone else?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I am going to respectfully disagree. You have lived here for a long time and know about these events. Many newbys don't. When we first retired here we went to everything for the first 3 or 4 years. Gritos, parades, pasadas, greased pole climbing contests... and it was great fun. We don't go anymore but I am glad we went and do like to know about what is going on. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, NEWMtnMama said:

I am going to respectfully disagree. You have lived here for a long time and know about these events. Many newbys don't. When we first retired here we went to everything for the first 3 or 4 years. Gritos, parades, pasadas, greased pole climbing contests... and it was great fun. We don't go anymore but I am glad we went and do like to know about what is going on. 

I agree that it is nice to know about these events even if you  don't plan to attend..  However, as I stated in an early post,  I feel they should be in Charitable and Other Events Upcoming NOT  in Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ibarra said:

I agree that it is nice to know about these events even if you  don't plan to attend..  However, as I stated in an early post,  I feel they should be in Charitable and Other Events Upcoming NOT  in Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara. 

Me too.  Suggest to mods .... anyone support this?.... they

(1) Change the Forum Heading to " UPCOMING LOCAL AND CHARITABLE EVENTS"..... so emphasis will be on general things, and

(2) Re-align the order so this one follows right under MEXICO GENERAL

That should make it easier for newbies to find, and is specific to their interests while learning about festivities associated with area traditions.

I did just contact mod. But I also will remind everyone.....  in 2014 there were enough complaints from those who have no interest in animal postings to the extent that "FURRY ...FRIENDS" was created..... and those of us who DID/DO  care learned to use that forum.  Then last year the battles over all things CoV raged to the point another new forum was created... "ALL THINGS COVID".... and once again members could use it or ignore it at will.

So before anyone gets on their high horse,  I respectfully suggest that with ideas outline above,  people who WANT to read about local happenings can learn to us that forum and nobody needs to start taking sides..... again. Have a nice day!    

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Natasha said:

Ajijc/Chapala/ Guadalajara

Lakeside Events (includes Art Scene)

Furry Friends

Mexico General

Customs / Immigration

La Cocina (combine Lakeside Restaurant/Bistro Happenings)

All things Covid

LCS / Legion

Spanish

Natasha, I combined Art scene with events as there are few posts.