Chapala.com Webboard

CFE and DAC Rates

David77

6 minutes ago, johanson said:

What are you being charged at the DAC rate per Kilowatt hour?  Has that rate been going up each month? 

This year For example: February 5.82 Per kilowatt hour, April 6.29, August 6.89. 

Our cost per kilowatt hour has increased every bill since February 2020

Gosh, I thought that the cost per KWH went up lightly every 3 months or so. I did not know that it went up every month. Thank God that since I put in solar panels more than 10 years ago, I no longer use enough KWH per month to reach the DAC rate anymore.

38 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

The rates are going up each month. You can see this years rates month by month here   

https://app.cfe.mx/Aplicaciones/CCFE/Tarifas/TarifasCRECasa/Tarifas/Tarifa1.aspx

Very helpful and thank you for the link but I cannot seem to find the monthly rate information at that site. It would be a big favor if you could show me exactly where it is on that site. Thanks 

16 minutes ago, David77 said:

Thanks. Really appreciate it.

Still can’t figure out though why our Suma rate is 6.884. Is something else added to to the  3.27 excess consumption rate listed?

Found the final answer:

https://app.cfe.mx/Aplicaciones//Tarifas/TarifasCRECasa/Tarifas/TarifaDAC.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3DNeRnmzMRh6u3WlS6E6kN7qqWMZsL-yPBT4H8ahDVVBIlu8INCsElXco

I am not allowed to go to the link you posted, David77, but as I remember, if in our area, we use more than 3000 KW in a year, our rates then to the $6.884 peso rate for each and every kilowatt used. That is called the DAC rate and was the motivation for many of us to invest in electrical solar panels to ensure that during any one year period we would never to get close to being charged the DAC rate.

How many KW do I use per month? it varies by the time of the year. But right now, I am purchasing less than 25 KW per month, which is next to nothing.

18 minutes ago, johanson said:

I am not allowed to go to the link you posted, David77, but as I remember, if in our area, we use more than 3000 KW in a year, our rates then to the $6.884 peso rate for each and every kilowatt used. That is called the DAC rate and was the motivation for many of us to invest in electrical solar panels to ensure that during any one year period we would never to get close to being charged the DAC rate.

How many KW do I use per month? it varies by the time of the year. But right now, I am purchasing less than 25 KW per month, which is next to nothing.

Correct link to DAC rates: 

https://app.cfe.mx/Aplicaciones/CCFE/Tarifas/TarifasCRECasa/Tarifas/TarifaDAC.aspx?fbclid=IwAR3DNeRnmzMRh6u3WlS6E6kN7qqWMZsL-yPBT4H8ahDVVBIlu8INCsElXco

we plan to get solar very soon. Been trying to change the name on our CFE bill since we bought our place over four years ago!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sm1mex said:

If at all possible consider solar. We have so much sun. Our 2 month bill went up from 52 pesos to 53 pesos this billing cycle. 10 more administrative fee for our account. 00 energy used for every 2 months. 

We plan on getting solar as soon as we can get the CFE bill put in our name. Would you recommend the company that installed your panels? How many panels did you install? do you know how many watts you get per panel? Thanks 🙏 

1 hour ago, David77 said:

We plan on getting solar as soon as we can get the CFE bill put in our name. Would you recommend the company that installed your panels? How many panels did you install? do you know how many watts you get per panel? Thanks 🙏 

Every installation is different. You need a current bill that shows 12 month KW usage. Then a professional can make a plan for you based on your actual consumption, location, where the panels can be mounted etc.  What someone else did might be very different from what you need.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, David77 said:

Very happy with STI, top quality, super professional, and great pricing.        

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, David77 said:

Contact Ron Magen at STI. He goes by Go Solar here on the board.

We are extremely happy with both the solar electric and solar hot water he set us up with.

His continuing excellent service is a rarity, IMO. It's worth gold to us.

• Thanks 2

Opiere solar. Locally here. We started with 6 panels. Enough at that time years ago. But electricity price increased so added 4 more panels in total of 10. 2 month bill cycle never goes over account maintenance charge which is 53 pesos now. Energy used always 00. Contact Nyah. Excellent and experienced technicians. I don’t know what the panel watts are. Opiere could tell you. Last 4 panels added are more efficient than the older ones. Panel prices have come down. Doesn’t take too long to recoup your investment as electricity cost rises constantly 

• Thanks 1

If going solar, do your homework and talk to several installers.  Correct sizing of the system, planning for expansion later, and an understanding of solar clipping will eliminate problems down the road.  Some misinformation out there, so do your due diligence.  Despite what a installer will tell you, panels and inverters can and do fail. The technology is rapidly changing.

One advantage of hiring an established local company is that they are keenly aware of the impact of good and bad reviews on a local web forum.  A Guadalajara company not so much.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

STI Solar Technology (Go Solar on this board) has amazing service and technology.      They can reset an inverter quickly and remotely, if needed, with no need for 

a visit.   My system displays each panel in real time on the monitoring and I can access it from anywhere either by a webpage or an app.     Love it.   

• Like 2