Chapala.com Webboard

Car Inspections Revisited

I was just with a friend who picked up a new Guad Reporter today.  I saw the headlines indicating that Jalisco govt is now saying that privately owned cars with Jalisco plates are subject to fines beginning in January if not inspected.

What happened to the announcement about 3 weeks ago exempting cars who are domiciled in areas of Jalisco with populations less than 100,000 people???   And, they were even willng to throw in a discount for people who were voluntarily getting their cars inspected, when they renew their license plates? Both of these make sense !!

This article reiterated the locations of the current inspection facilities ( closest being Ocotlan) and which months to be inspected, correlated to the last digit on your license plates ( like the inspection process several years ago).

Is the government here schizophrenic, have a bad memory , or just plain crazy ???  

Nothing has happened.   If the number of lines of inspections reach the required number (guessing it will) then in January the cars that are required could then be fined.

the low population centers are still exempt there the inspection is voluntary for vehicles registered outside of the required areas.

However, this GR issue said nothing about exemptions.  The reason that I posted it is because it states every privately owned vehicle plated in Jalisco is required to do this annual inspections, or else subject to fines beginning in January, 2023!   Without any specific exemptions listed, I am still skeptical !!

You know how often their rules change here.  Maybe someone realized how much revenue they would be leaving on the table with exemptions, limited facilities to perform such inspections be damned !!   That is what I am saying -- it all can change even BEFORE January, 2023--- despite it being "covered thoroughly a few weeks ago!".

With this government, it could change in a matter of weeks !   

9 hours ago, mexijims1 said:

However, this GR issue said nothing about exemptions.  The reason that I posted it is because it states every privately owned vehicle plated in Jalisco is required to do this annual inspections, or else subject to fines beginning in January, 2023!   Without any specific exemptions listed, I am still skeptical !!

You know how often their rules change here.  Maybe someone realized how much revenue they would be leaving on the table with exemptions, limited facilities to perform such inspections be damned !!   That is what I am saying -- it all can change even BEFORE January, 2023--- despite it being "covered thoroughly a few weeks ago!".

With this government, it could change in a matter of weeks !   

Yes and a comet could wipe out the world next week.  Nothing has changed from previous announcements according to the government . No matter what the Guadalajara Reporter printed.  Unless your vehicle is registered in Ocotlan, Puerto Vallarta, or the GDL metro area or you live in those areas you are exempt. Period. If the rules change before 2023 (very doubtful) it will be posted here by someone. Right now and for the foreseeable future it is voluntary if you do not live in those places. Based on the prior program it probably will not change for a long time. 

• Thanks 7