Chapala.com Webboard

3 WEEKS WITHOUT TELMEX LANDLINE

Have visited Ajijic Telmex Office 4 times/spoken to office manager

Two work orders,,first work order failed.  Second work order ...promises

and no performance.  Cannot use cellular phone equipment so must have

landline. All explained to TELMEX personnel..polite and consistent requests for

solution.  A daily pattern exists ..repetitive/reported/explained...no detail

unreported ...in hopes of assisting technician and a solution.

Does anyone have a contact with Telmex that could assist with a solution

and act on work orders still pending?

Please..your advice/information/connections...

Thanks very much for any help.

Apachewoman

Try having someone handy check your phone service where it comes off the street and connects to your house line.  There's a connector box there, not very big.  With all this rain, connections are getting wet.  We had exactly the same problem you describe and I found it to be caused by wetness in that connection.  Fixed it today and waterproofed it.  If you have an electrician on call he should be able to do this for you.

• Like 3

We just went a week with imtermitt internet and mucho static in our phone line, or, no dial tone at all.  Reported it at 050, 6 times,  WhatsApp report 5 times, 800 number report with folio number given, and 3 times to Telmex Ajijic office.  Nothing fixed after 6 days.   So, finally yesterday,  i used cell phone and dialed *2222 and got a different folio number assigned.  Within 3 hours we had total service restored and a phone call, in English from a Telmex technician asking if our service had been fixed.

No one came to our home, the problem was internal at Telmex. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ibarra said:

We just went a week with imtermitt internet and mucho static in our phone line, or, no dial tone at all.  Reported it at 050, 6 times,  WhatsApp report 5 times, 800 number report with folio number given, and 3 times to Telmex Ajijic office.  Nothing fixed after 6 days.   So, finally yesterday,  i used cell phone and dialed *2222 and got a different folio number assigned.  Within 3 hours we had total service restored and a phone call, in English from a Telmex technician asking if our service had been fixed.

No one came to our home, the problem was internal at Telmex. 

We lost internet this morning and have no dial tone.  Called *2222 and now have another reporte/folio number.  Ugh!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MtnMama said:

Another possibility (counter intuitive I know) is to get a Telcel modem. It plugs into an electric outlet so no wires to mess up and the modem includes a plug for a landline type phone. Mine has been incredibly reliable.

Thanks...but modem was not involved in this 3 week lost service fiasco.

Ann

1 hour ago, chapalence said:

They've been busy stringing fiber optic cables here in CH and across the careterra. Our service has been lousy for the last week, much like the last time they were working here.

What do you mean by "and across the careterra"?  We live in Brisas and are anxiously waiting. 

On 8/26/2022 at 4:14 PM, ibarra said:

We lost internet this morning and have no dial tone.  Called *2222 and now have another reporte/folio number.  Ugh!

Update. After 13 days with basically no internet and static so bad in our phone line that we couldn't use our phone... the problem has been resolved.   At 7:15 last night a Telmex technician came to our house,  went up on our roof and found that the line running into our house was severely damaged.   It was 16 years old and, 20220830_192606.thumb.jpg.909d19e6311a0356eee34903151be44e.jpg constant sunshine,  rain and humidity had caused the plastic coating on the wires to fall apart and some wires were actually broken apart.  Moral of the story: check your wires to make sure they are in good condition.   An electrician could have fixed our problem easily  but we thought it was an internal problem at Telmex. 

On 8/31/2022 at 5:20 PM, ibarra said:

Update. After 13 days with basically no internet and static so bad in our phone line that we couldn't use our phone... the problem has been resolved.   At 7:15 last night a Telmex technician came to our house,  went up on our roof and found that the line running into our house was severely damaged.   It was 16 years old and, 20220830_192606.thumb.jpg.909d19e6311a0356eee34903151be44e.jpg constant sunshine,  rain and humidity had caused the plastic coating on the wires to fall apart and some wires were actually broken apart.  Moral of the story: check your wires to make sure they are in good condition.

Oh my friend.... that's TOO funny.. after the fact, that is  But WHAT kind of Telmex person put such a spaghetti system of wires on your roof in the first place?  In 4 houses here (all with Telmex until we changed to TP mid-stream one house ago) never had anything remotely similar to that tangled mess. SO pleased you finally have your answer.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

It wasn't a tangled mess when it was on the roof. It was a tangled mess for the picture.  Normally the line from the pole to the house is Telmex, and inside the house is the homeowners responsibility. Most likely a poor design by the builder forcing routing over the roof.

It Was a tangled mess on the roof per the technician.   

On 8/26/2022 at 10:26 PM, MtnMama said:

I misunderstood, I thought you needed a land-line type phone. A Telcel modem and the Por tu Casa service provides hat in addition to Internet.

If you do not have 4G service it is no good, I was interested in changing to TelCel and found I cannot have it here as I have 3G at times and 4G at others. So that is something you have to check before buying a modem and signing up for TelCel.