Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for the name and contact info of the Foreign Liason for Chapala

Ferret

Why? Because my new neighbour just threatened me with calling the police because I put my garbage at the corner where her house is.  The garbage truck no longer passes down San Mateo and it doesn't get picked up at all if I don't put it on either San Luis or Avenida de la Ribera. Nor, for that matter, is the garbage picked up on the days that it is supposed to be picked up. Feeling caught between a rock and a hard place and I really don't like being threatened.

25 minutes ago, chapalence said:
1 hour ago, SunFan said:

Aurora Michel Galindo, the former manager of Actinver.

amichelg57@gmail.com

SunFan

Where was this info shared? I  watched the Gobierno de Chapala FB page watching for it and must have missed it.

Apologies for my incorrect reply to Ferret.

https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/expat-living/expat-living/lake-chapala/community-news/57555-aurora-michel-named-city-hall-expat-advisor

Chapala.gob.mx.     AURORA MICHEL GALINDO ENCARGADA DE ENLACE CON LA COMUNIDAD EXTRANJERA

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Ferret said:

Why? Because my new neighbour just threatened me with calling the police because I put my garbage at the corner where her house is.  The garbage truck no longer passes down San Mateo and it doesn't get picked up at all if I don't put it on either San Luis or Avenida de la Ribera. Nor, for that matter, is the garbage picked up on the days that it is supposed to be picked up. Feeling caught between a rock and a hard place and I really don't like being threatened.

I personally would tell them Great we no longer have to have a disagreement, go ahead  call the police.  Nothing will happen even if they actually call them. 

• Like 1

I know that but it was underhanded and mean. When the garbage was picked up in old trucks, they arrived on time AND picked up in front of my house (which meant I didn't have to carry it so far) AND they recycled for extra money. Not much point having fancy, dancy compactors from Girasol if they aren't maintained, don't show up and don't pick up from all streets.

Same problem with lack of pickup.    I live on Calle San Lucas and yesterday I managed a shout out to a garbage truck going on a cross street to come pick up my garbage (and a guy did walk down the street to pickup) or else it would not been picked up. Note -  I am the only pickup on the street. 

Wondered about taking trash to corner but doesn't look like a neighborly solution :)

It's not a neighbourly situation but, if you have to do it, you also have to bring it in at night if the basureros don't pick up. If you leave it out, critters (including dogs on the street) will get into it and create a mess. The garbage guys, when they do come, don't even ring a bell anymore... they just kinda sneak in and sneak out. If you have neighbours who are Tapatios that only come on the weekends, they put their garbage out when they leave and to hell with the consequences. That also occurs in cottage country in Ontario. It would be nice if there was somewhere to take your garbage rather than relying on the irregular, haphazard current collection system.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I feel for you guys, in Chiapas the garbage is picked up twice a week at 5.30 in the morning at the dot and you cannot leave the garbage out overnight because the dogs will get into it and neighbors will take photos and go after you so if you want the garbage picked up you have to get up early and deposit it at the corner of the street...

Here we have the garbage picked up twice a week whenever the garbage guy come by.those days.. They usually come by in the afternoon but do not have a bell so it is hard to know when they come by.