Chapala.com Webboard

Aeromexico Booking Advice Oct 2022

mkshawn

Having problems with their web site. I can get it to respond in English but the upgrades for seats & baggage are a black hole. Even their 1 800 number is busy. Just a odd ball thought, are solar flares active at the moment? Has anyone with a Residenté Permenante found a work around to avoid paying the Tourist Tax now c$80.00 per person. Maybe I should be booking thru a local Chapala Travel agency?

Can't help with the Aeromexico black hole but when making reservations on American I have to put the trip on hold and then call to get the tax removed. Sometimes they'll take the credit card info over the phone and other times I make payment on the portal with the cost reduced by the tax.

• Thanks 1

On American, United and Delta it’s very easy. After you have taken the flight go to the Airline website go to the refunds page fill out the reason you want a refund include your visa number.  Usually within 7 to 10 days the refund has been credited back to my credit card…

• Like 2