Chapala.com Webboard

Epson L3210 printer..... HELP!!!

Natasha

Two days ago black copy a little indistinct in places. Did the "test".  Did the head cleaning twice using buttons.  Excellent.

Then yesterday COLOR print quality poor. Squiggly test  lines perfect except NADA where blue should be.???  Used the  buttons to do head cleaning 3 times.   Still no blue. Left 12 hours. Did again. Nada.... not from a "copy" nor direct from color document in desktop.  Before I do a super-thorough cleaning (flushing) .... anyone have any better ideas?   Yes, all ink levels high. No, no "caps" to indiv ink wells ajar.     Gracias

This printer/scanner/copier does not HAVE cartridges........ and it's one of the reasons I bought it, and the Epson predecessor I had before this one.  I've loved them both..... but hesitate to take for "service" becasue of unfortunate incident that happened   with the previous one when I left it on consignment with service person, who subsequently conveniently "lost" it.............

There IS a way to do a deep cleaning but to be honest I don't really understand the instructions..... and I hate to put the other 3 tanks thru this when they don't need it. Sigh.........

20 hours ago, Natasha said:

Two days ago black copy a little indistinct in places. Did the "test".  Did the head cleaning twice using buttons.  Excellent.

Then yesterday COLOR print quality poor. Squiggly test  lines perfect except NADA where blue should be.???  Used the  buttons to do head cleaning 3 times.   Still no blue. Left 12 hours. Did again. Nada.... not from a "copy" nor direct from color document in desktop.  Before I do a super-thorough cleaning (flushing) .... anyone have any better ideas?   Yes, all ink levels high. No, no "caps" to indiv ink wells ajar.     Gracias

I have similar problems, but no answers!

3 hours ago, sm1mex said:

I think there are options to clean nozzles and an option for deep cleaning. T

I have cleaned the nozzles 3 times.... left for 12 hours as required.... repeated...   After 5 of these sessions with no better result I know next step is needed.  But as I've TRIED to make clear....  I do not understand next step instructions... not in Spanish, and not in English.

I wish.  Just opened manual to do just that, but realize part of the problem is I CANNOT do it with the buttons, like the other earlier steps. I'm well past the nozzle check and the print head cleaning ( the latter is what I've done over several days on schedules allowed). But "Power Cleaning" requires running it from the desktop via Windows.........and so far doing that eludes me.   Sigh again.........

DID IT !!!!!!!!!     Yes, you get to the power clean via the maintenance menu..... but I could not figure out HOW to get there. Said I needed to do it via "computer utility"......huh???   Wrote down instructions step by step in English manual. Not much luck. Finally tried via  Control Panel ---- Devices/Printers------- and by sheer dumb luck and with ZERO knowledge of what I was doing, stumbled onto the maintenance tab. ..... and now it's CLEAN!!!!!

• Like 3

FWIW, I have and love the Epson, but the exact same thing happened to me. All of the nozzles cleaned but the blue (cyan). Despite doing several deep cleanings and all of that, still nothing. I even took it in for a service and they couldn't get it to work. So...I now use it for my letter printing and copies. Heck, when submitting copies of passports, bills, etc, for official use, they always want b&w only so...it's irritating but not worth tossing it out (yet). Fortunately, it's not our only printer. I think I'm more forgiving of the beast because I love not having to buy overpriced cartridges.

12 hours ago, RickS said:

So does one buy "bottles of ink" or something and pour them in the reservoirs?  Has anyone done a "study" to confirm that one actually uses less ink ..dollar-wise? 

Yes.... bottles of each color ( in case use is more for black... normally in my case) OR you can take them to one place locally who will refill all 4 colors from much larger containers bought from ???   I bought the first one for this reason... and YES to HUGE savings vs cartridges, plus these are printer/scanner/copier all in one.  After 5 years bought the present one.... big yes to ink $$$$ savings here as well.

Sending you a little more via pm

I gave up on any and all ink printers years ago. Laser is the way to go imho. The toner cartridges are cheap on Amazon and last for YEARS. Never, ever had a problem with HP Laserjet printers. Bought the first one in 1989 and it lasted 'til 2006. Now on my second one and it's six years old. Toner is dry powder... nothing to clog AND the printer doesn't have to do maintenance on itself (which is a sneaky way to use up ink).

And that is also what I have with the HPLaserjetM1132 MFP (which stands for multifunction printer... print, scan, copy)). I do not find the need the need to do anything in colour... just black and white. Nearly ALL HP Laserjets are multifunction.

Yes, to each their own....

For example, color is important to me.  Initial cost too.  Ease of use, check.  Ability to connect via wifi to print from all over the house or even away from the house. Check.

In the past I've used Epson inkjet printers. Lately, 'tho, have used Canon. I probably don't print enough.... ask my wife if that is an accurate ascertain and you'll probably get another answer...  to worry too much about ink cartridge expense. I've also found that even after the printer 'warns' me of low ink, I continue to print for weeks...weeks!... with no degradation. 

With this Epson, they recoup the loss of ink sales by increasing the initial cost me thinks. $150 purchase vs $40 for my multi-function Canon with all the bells and whistles. 

Anyway Natasha, glad you persevered and solved your problem. It's a good feeling to finally win, I know!