Chapala.com Webboard

Great customer relations decision by Pancho's

This isn't really a food posting, so that's why it's not in La Cocina.

I like to check out the vegetarian/vegan items because it's nice to eat something edible rather than my cooking😁. Anyway, I picked up the usual odds & sods items along with 2 bags of mushrooms in special sauces. Long story short, the codes wouldn't ring up, the young guy who went to look for a price label couldn't find one, and he finally went to ask Pancho. Rather than having me wait, and possibly building up a line, Pancho told him to just give them to me. Result? One previously content customer who will now go out of her way to buy as often as possible from Pancho's. It's a small, relatively unimportant story, but it made my day just a bit brighter.

BTW, the checkout girl was super friendly and apologetic for the delay. Again, just a very nice moment in an average day.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 4

Also Pancho has assisted me when I couldn’t find their pre shredded cabbage for cole slaw. He went in the back and brought me a large bag for 10 pesos. He also has great prices on and off for produce and sets up a display in the eating area. Pancho also helped me find the toothpicks!! Several of his employees speak English and very friendly and helpful. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Today I noticed the cherries rang up at $89/ per clam shell.

The sign on the shelf still read $55, which is what I have been paying.

When I noticed and said something, the checker glanced over, saw the $55 sign, and immediately adjusted the price with an apology. That would NEVER happen in WM or Soriana.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 12:24 PM, chapalence said:

Today I noticed the cherries rang up at $89/ per clam shell.

The sign on the shelf still read $55, which is what I have been paying.

When I noticed and said something, the checker glanced over, saw the $55 sign, and immediately adjusted the price with an apology. That would NEVER happen in WM or Soriana.

Never say "Never."

I have had it happen occasional at WM and Soeiana.

I once stupidly walked away leavine $2,000.00 cash back. Came back 30-minutes later with no proof. The manager ran the register against the cash in the drawer, made an apology and gave me the $2,000.00

That's honesty.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Nikalos Telsa said:

Never say "Never."

I have had it happen occasional at WM and Soeiana.

I once stupidly walked away leavine $2,000.00 cash back. Came back 30-minutes later with no proof. The manager ran the register against the cash in the drawer, made an apology and gave me the $2,000.00

That's honesty.

What did you pay with that would give you 2000 pesos change?

• Like 1