Chapala.com Webboard

Good doctors in the area?

Lyra

Good Morning,  Can anyone recommend a really good, research based GP doctor in the area?   I'm looking for knowledge and skill more than good bedside manner.  I can tolerate less than ideal bedside manner if she or he is up on the current info and a good diagnostician. 

Thank to all

You may be looking for an Internist ? What ever you do, if given meds, be sure you check in the Internet to see if Europe, Canada and the US have banned those drugs because of high deaths before you take them. Also, if currently taking meds, often you may be given new meds that could put you at risk if taken with your current meds. Both situations have happened here to both me and my wife. Once from a dentist. Only once have we been asked what meds we currently take by a doctor here. That is why for anything serious, we travel NOB. YMMD

27 minutes ago, Jim Bowie said:

You may be looking for an Internist ? What ever you do, if given meds, be sure you check in the Internet to see if Europe, Canada and the US have banned those drugs because of high deaths before you take them. Also, if currently taking meds, often you may be given new meds that could put you at risk if taken with your current meds. Both situations have happened here to both me and my wife. Once from a dentist. Only once have we been asked what meds we currently take by a doctor here. That is why for anything serious, we travel NOB. YMMD

Many doctors now have an App on their computers so that when they write  prescriptions it will give the Doc  a warning if there is the  possibility of bad drug interaction.

4 minutes ago, cedros said:

Many doctors now have an App on their computers so that when they write  prescriptions it will give the Doc  a warning if there is the  possibility of bad drug interaction.

And is this app so intelligent that it knows how  every individual will be affected?  I've had severe reactions to several VERY commonly used drugs because my freaky system says uh-uh.  I know now to NEVER put anything into my mouth without lots of checking on medical sites (webmd, NH, etc). One such example is Lyrica... normal dose most adults 75 mg per time taken and used by many.  2 doses of 25 mg nearly landed me in emergency!  I carry a NO list to all docs.... new or not....... and add to it every time ( at 14 and counting) my system says nope... not that one either.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, cedros said:

Hopefully they will start asking what meds we are currently taking and enter that on their App to check for interactions.. So far, we have only been asked once at Lakeside. I have noticed that NOB by all doctors we see. YMMD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jim Bowie said:

Hopefully they will start asking what meds we are currently taking and enter that on their App to check for interactions.. So far, we have only been asked once at Lakeside. I have noticed that NOB by all doctors we see. YMMD

Then you have the wrong doctors because all mine here have my meds on file .

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ibarra said:

We aren't in Texas.  Hence...title of section - Ajijic/Chapala/Guadalajara 

Hahaha, really you're not part of Texas? My mistake...I was merely trying to add a small piece of information to the topic.  Feel free to resume.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, artsnob said:

Dr. Sam Thelin is the best...

Maybe, I went to a lecture he gave once and was impressed but he was not available to see today.