Chapala.com Webboard

Where is the original well at Chapala Haciendas where the pump is twisted?

OK enough snark.  This is not TOB.

Nicolas you really need to get this information from your fracc office.  Maybe your geologist friend could contact them directly and offer assistance.

If the casing has failed or the pump and piping are stuck fast down hole (usually due to casing collapse), it is very likely the well has/had to be abandoned.  It takes specialized tools and expertise to get broken pipe out of a well.  And casing failure is almost always fatal unless really close to the surface.

Older wells used metal casing which rots out after so many years.  New water wells that are not mega deep can use a very heavy PVC casing which has a very long life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

The fact is, we don't know what the situation is because there have been assumed but not confirmed and some are pure B.S.

And from what I'm told by a professional, casing failures are not always "fatal."

There were also other options that could have been used, but Scot, the de facto president and voice of he BOD, but when I asked some  pointed questions, he took my soapbox.

Scot and the BOD won't talk to me because of two things, 1) They don't like the messenger, and 2) there may  be more dirt than they want to admit.

Within the next few days, every house in C.H. will be getting a message from me. Then on the 27th., with some FACTS know, Scot and some others may sing a different tune.

Remember, the vote for the last assessment,had not only a difference of SIX votes, but the fact that so few people have paid the assessment of $6,500.00 have shown a "Vote of no confidence."

As I said, let me address the people who attend on the 27th. and the picture will be made more clear.

Nicolas for you information CH is not the only fraccionamiento with "issues" (pump/water). Possibly others handle there problem more diplomatically

Other fraccionamiento boards are sensitive when confronted with well "failure" when contr acts were made in good faith, only to go badly wrong.

Most times these projects are funded by a special assessment, and going back to members and say we screwed up and need more money is not how Mexicans think.

Congrats, Nikolas. You are doing everything you can to destroy the reputation of good people who are trying their damnedest to get things done, despite an annoying know-it-all who feels that the Chapala web board is the place to air EVERY SINGLE GRIEVANCE that he has...which appear to be many. This is not snark; this is a resident who is sick to death of reading your every complaint.  Do you have nothing better to do? Do you honestly believe most of the readers of this board give a hoot about your latest complaint? Do you honestly believe most of the residents of CH give a crap about a letter that you're going to send out where you just reiterate your latest beef? Go to the meetings. Give your opinions. Listen to the response. Don't like it? Then either run for a seat (election is upcoming, I believe) or volunteer to do some of the dirtier work that you're such an expert at. God knows there are plenty of things that could be done. Don't like the way things are going? Here's a novel suggestion:  MOVE. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

14 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

Nicolas for you information CH is not the only fraccionamiento with "issues" (pump/water). Possibly others handle there problem more diplomatically

Other fraccionamiento boards are sensitive when confronted with well "failure" when contr acts were made in good faith, only to go badly wrong.

Most times these projects are funded by a special assessment, and going back to members and say we screwed up and need more money is not how Mexicans think.

FTR, the board didn't say that they "screwed up and need more money" when it comes to the new well. It appears that the first contractor did a dirty and screwed us over. I believe a lawsuit is pending. While I'm not thrilled with this (duh), I am enough of a realist to realize that it could have happened to any of us. God knows we've hired workers for our home who did some of the worst work ever that we had to have another fix. So...no, I'm not happy, but I'm also not judging.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tingting said:

FTR, the board didn't say that they "screwed up and need more money" when it comes to the new well. It appears that the first contractor did a dirty and screwed us over. I believe a lawsuit is pending. While I'm not thrilled with this (duh), I am enough of a realist to realize that it could have happened to any of us. God knows we've hired workers for our home who did some of the worst work ever that we had to have another fix. So...no, I'm not happy, but I'm also not judging.

I doubt any of us are happy. 

What angers me even more than the crooked well driller are the residents who don't realize what will happen if 1) we fail to pay the current well driller and he abandons a nearly completed well deep enough to serve us as we grow, and 2) we lose our status and the fracc is dissolved because of misguided morosos and revert to being just another barrio of the Chapala municipality praying we receive basic services.

To those people I would say, if you are not on the BOD or on one of several committees formed to assist the BOD on various projects, keep out of it because you are the problem at this point! Stirring a pot that is already boiling over serves no one and is EGO gone awry. If you are stone deaf and your idea of a conversation is you talking while others listen, you help no one. How can a person possibly know what is actually going on when they hear nada?

There is already a US trained geologist communicating with the well drillers and checking their progress several times weekly. The BOD is comprised of well-educated retired professionals and the committee members are a cross section of concerned residents. We who are working together will prevail, but how much more damage will be done in the meantime?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

congratulation Nikolas yo have convinced me to never buy where you live.. if many people think like I do you soon will have the problems you have and a white elephant.. You

are hurting yourself and your community, Do you get that point as well??

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1