Chapala.com Webboard

La Pueblita abandoned

Mijo

Most of these "failed" projects are due to being underfundef. I am sticking my neck out and purchased an apartment in the new NIME condo/hotel project in the La Forestra fracc, it on the lakefront and phase one is 90% sold.

But back to the poster. Do you have proof that La P has shut down. M.C I don't think the Radission has been abandoned, did I miss some anoucement?

• Sad 1

56 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

Most of these "failed" projects are due to being underfundef. I am sticking my neck out and purchased an apartment in the new NIME condo/hotel project in the La Forestra fracc, it on the lakefront and phase one is 90% sold.

But back to the poster. Do you have proof that La P has shut down. M.C I don't think the Radission has been abandoned, did I miss some anoucement?

Well, I believe this was part of the recent Omar O'Rourke shut down and arrest and also they had a critical ruling go against them on use of the facilities of the existing building, namely the pool, gym and clubhouse facilities.  As it stands now, Radisson buyers have no access to these.  This has all been reported in recent weeks.

I recall the people who had O'Rourke arrested are the investors in Radisson.  And the sales office has been shut down by the government I believe.

So we'll see with both.  Agree with your comment about underfunded and I'd add badly managed to the mix.

Given how we are all aging I would have thought there would be a market for a La Pueblita.  But a project of that magnitude, far larger than the Radisson building, requires a tremendous amount of up front funding and patience to reach the payout and profit level.

I'm skeptical of that incredibly ugly thing next to Coca Cola too.

That first comment might be just speculation--that is a pretty vague observation to make that determination that it has been "abandoned!" 

I had heard from others that they were focusing on finishing certain building projects one at a time, since the coprehensive building did not seem to be making much progress.  Then again,  the key question is whether or not they have sufficient funding to complete the entire development?

Doubtful that anyone on the board has a specific answer with information to confirm it.   

• Like 2

Perhaps a list would be in order (for people like me) to keep the various projects identified by a common name & location:

1. La Pueblita: via Hidalgo and Carr Jocotepec-chapala/México 23 19min West from Riberas

2. Hotel y Condos en el Lago de Chapala El Dorado: is next to the Radisson, duh!

3. A nameless facility on/near the waterfront in La Foresta. Still Nameless

4. Punto Laguna: A Condo, part Commercial part Residential now named, by the Coke Cola Plant in St Antonio

Over to the masses for their edits

Thanks

If you Google "La Pueblita Ajijic" it will bring up a map of where it is.

Don't know the name of the project in La Floresta (maybe someone else does?), but you can find it on Google Street View at this link: https://www.google.com/maps/@20.2952504,-103.2534713,3a,67.4y,185.97h,84.13t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8jY9iNvUoxe-_3QcfZEAdA!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Construction by the Coke plant is called Punto Laguna. You can find info at their website, here: https://puntolaguna.huelladesarrollos.com/

The Radisson project is shown on Google Maps as "Hotel y Condos en el Lago de Chapala El Dorado," and you can find info here: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Hotel+y+Condos+en+el+Lago+de+Chapala+El+Dorado/@20.3014398,-103.2381379,18.5z/data=!4m8!3m7!1s0x842f46cb163a6ac9:0x3f3e21c3a0f4abd3!5m2!4m1!1i2!8m2!3d20.301767!4d-103.2394259

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2022 at 2:00 PM, Mainecoons said:

Well, I believe this was part of the recent Omar O'Rourke shut down and arrest and also they had a critical ruling go against them on use of the facilities of the existing building, namely the pool, gym and clubhouse facilities.  As it stands now, Radisson buyers have no access to these.  This has all been reported in recent weeks.

I recall the people who had O'Rourke arrested are the investors in Radisson.  And the sales office has been shut down by the government I believe.

So we'll see with both.  Agree with your comment about underfunded and I'd add badly managed to the mix.

Given how we are all aging I would have thought there would be a market for a La Pueblita.  But a project of that magnitude, far larger than the Radisson building, requires a tremendous amount of up front funding and patience to reach the payout and profit level.

I'm skeptical of that incredibly ugly thing next to Coca Cola too.

My opinion, La Publita is way too expensive.  We are , after all in Mexico, so it should not cos that much.