Chapala.com Webboard

need alterations on two pairs of men's pants. need recommendations

I used this person:

Professional tailor opposite Memos vet ,next to gift shop on constitution…

Located one half block EAST of Colon on Constitucion.  South side of street, small sign with sewing machine over the door.  She did a fantastic job altering a pair of pants for me.  Don't go before 10 AM

There's so much sniping in that thread who knows what seamstress and where they are we are talking about? 

Why not just post that information?

Is the one I posted about still in that location or not?  I had work done there in mid May by the lady there, it was done perfectly, on time, at very reasonable cost.  

• Sad 1

Jasmine across the street (west) from Gudalajara Farmacia in Ajijic. They just worked on 4 pairs of pants of mine and have made curtains for me.

19 minutes ago, Mainecoons said:

There's so much sniping in that thread who knows what seamstress and where they are we are talking about? 

Why not just post that information?

I assume that people can read. It also points out that the cheapest is not necessarily good value. It helps if you know how something should be done even if you can no longer do it yourself. I had cushion covers made in denim for my wing chairs by Mari Chuy of Jazmin. The seams were not overlocked (look it up) and she used plastic zippers instead of ones with metal teeth. The seams batted out after two washings and a zipper failed after the third wash. Not money well spent. She DOES make excellent curtains.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:19 AM, MXConnie said:

Tere is at the American Legion in Chapala on Wednesdays from 11:30am-1:30pm.  Hemmed some items for me and did a great job.  She works with the Tepehua Sewing group.  There is a translator with her.

On 8/12/2022 at 8:19 AM, MXConnie said:

Tere is at the American Legion in Chapala on Wednesdays from 11:30am-1:30pm.  Hemmed some items for me and did a great job.  She works with the Tepehua Sewing group.  There is a translator with her.

Where do you try on the clothes and is there a mirror?