Chapala.com Webboard

Recommend great gardener

sm1mex

He does not speak English but I am encouraging him to attend ESL free classes. If you can use translation on your phone no problem. Our previous gardener was mow blow and go. No gardening. Our new gardener has initiative and can see what needs to be done. He has transformed our yard from a failing area to thriving green. Let me know if you want his contact info. His name is Gustavo. He works Ajijic Chapala Brisis and Chapala hacienda area. 

On 8/5/2022 at 6:45 PM, sm1mex said:

He does not speak English but I am encouraging him to attend ESL free classes. If you can use translation on your phone no problem. Our previous gardener was mow blow and go. No gardening. Our new gardener has initiative and can see what needs to be done. He has transformed our yard from a failing area to thriving green. Let me know if you want his contact info. His name is Gustavo. He works Ajijic Chapala Brisis and Chapala hacienda area. 

contact info, please

Gustavo. 332-037-1464.  My neighbor just hired him to clean up their messy yard. If you call Spanish will need to be spoken. Or send him a WhatsApp using the Google translator and take a picture of the message translated to Spanish and send it to him. He is great. Tell him Sandy recommended him. 

He has all the equipment he owns. He charges me 350 and in my yard at least 2 hours. Probably depends on what you need and how big your yard is. At the first visit he brought another man and they worked 4 hours cleaning out mess and charged 700. Cheap for the hard work they did. Hauled off a truck load of stuff. 

Rich Gringo's.  I pay our gardener $1,100 pesos a month and he comes twice a week spending one to 2 hours on each visit.  He has his own tools and does an excellent job.  When we are not there, about half the time, he sends photos of the trees and flowers.   He likes to eat lunch with his wife in our beautiful garden when we are not there.  Our neighbor told on him but I thought why should he not enjoy his work. He does not speak English but my Mexican wife solves this problem. We have had him for 5 years.  No, I will not provide name or contact information.

5 hours ago, sm1mex said:

Gustavo. 332-037-1464.  My neighbor just hired him to clean up their messy yard. If you call Spanish will need to be spoken. Or send him a WhatsApp using the Google translator and take a picture of the message translated to Spanish and send it to him. He is great. Tell him Sandy recommended him. 

Thank you.

One of my worst experience s was to "help" a friend by employing his "great" gardener. Long story short he was a great gardener but " overqualified " which I learned to my expense when he "strained" his back and decided to involve a labor union to resolve " incopacition expenses ". Suffice to say a Mexican friend intervention saved me a great deal of money in settlement cost. Run do not walk away from your friend