Chapala.com Webboard

Bomberos Desperate Need

HarryB

the bomberos (Firemen) are in desperate need of single beds; Bases with clean mattresses. They can be dropped off at the fireHouse on the Libramiento, email me and I can have them picked up ( ms1cb@yahoo.com) or send DOLLARS only to paypal at the same address noting for bombero beds!

• Like 2

Many thanks to Brian D for giving us a good start in helping the bomberos get beds. 

I've beeen told only their ambulances locally have defribulators and their EMTs come from the local hospitals.

Come on they help us in so many ways; don't they at least deseve usable beds ?

Drop off usable bases and clean mattresses at the fireststation . Email me at ms1cb@yahoo.com amd I'll have them picked up. Or, send US dollars to that email adress on paypal. I will report back!

Thanks in advance to all who help!

• Like 2

Many thanks to George R and Mary M for keeping this project alive and showing the Bomberos there are people in the community there are people in this community who care about them!!!!

I missed thanking Louis Q for his donation to the bombero bed effort. My apologies! These folks have come forward to help people we depend on every day. We are now ready to ask the municipality for their match. The community has done its part now the government should help!

No, we decided to give up asking. It is just a waste of time. Hopefully Dale Palfrey will do an article and embarasse them into helping. The bases were too expensive for us to afford. 

5 hours ago, sm1mex said:

What about Have Hammers building some bed bases?

Great idea. Helps everyone.

Wayne, can you put together a price for single bed bases? I'm sure Harry can raise a few more pesos for such a good cause.

SunFan

• Like 1

We discussed Have Hammers and thought the material cost would still be excessive for our donors and we could then only provide fewer mattresses. They have been very generous in helping us out in the past and we were reluctant to ask them again.

• Like 1