Chapala.com Webboard

Medical testing facilities with results in English

If you are comparing Mexican lab values with U.S. lab values then they are the same. The units used in other countries are not the same... for example Canada uses S.I. units (standard international) and the results are very different. However, the normal range on ANY lab report is always given. If your results fall within that range then usually it's fine.

• Like 2

Just be aware that normal range is often adjusted slightly in relation to local population. I've seen 2 or 3 tenths of a point difference in normal range between here and a last NOB test, and currently 1 tenth of a point regularly between certain Chopo and HSA normal values.

Absolutely! There is "normal" for a general population and then there is what is "normal" for you personally. The difference between the lower and upper limit of normal ranges can be quite large so it's important to know where in that range you normally fall to be able to pinpoint a possible problem.

Lying on a gurney in emerg at Scarborough General Hospital, I overheard the Doctors discussing my case. One Doctor said it couldn't possibly be my appendix because my white cell count was just over 10,000. I said, excuse me but my white cell count is normally 4,000. They removed my appendix and it is now in a jar of formalin in the morgue there. The surgeon described it as an example of the most "rotten, intact" appendix that he had ever seen.

9 minutes ago, Ian Greenwood said:

We can as you suggest manage ourselves….it’s our GP in Florida that wants it spelled out and due to catch 22 scheduling difficulties….we would like to take an accurate translated set of bloodwork’test results with us

Check with doc and be sure they will accept translated results. A friend spent the money to have translations done here. Doc in the U.S. would not accept translations and all tests had to done again up there. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ian Greenwood said:

We can as you suggest manage ourselves….it’s our GP in Florida that wants it spelled out and due to catch 22 scheduling difficulties….we would like to take an accurate translated set of bloodwork’test results with us

There are a lot of certified translators locally.  Also, lawyers can do it.  

https://sillertranslations.com/

Something doesn’t seem right. You can arrive at your destination, go to your dr’s preferred lab, get your lab work done, and show up at your dr’s office the following day.  That’s the way I’ve always done it.

you’re making things more complicated than it has to be.

3 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Get  GP here.Probably cheaper than getting a translate fer yer uppity doc in florida If yer NOB  doc can't read lab tests from here he needs to go back to school and start over. I can easily read my tests and get the results the same time as my GP so that we can discuss.

• Like 2

Hyperbole or whatever….( something doesn’t seem right ) does it not seem possible to you that I may have exhausted the normal appointment channels  (catch 22 …do you know what means ) before l posted two simple questions …testing facilities that may have the capability of English results or a medical transalator .If you don’t have an answer…why answer …just STFU and  do something useful…why waste both of our times.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ian Greenwood said:

Tne many results that I have seen are easy to translate

On 7/30/2022 at 10:02 AM, Ian Greenwood said:

Ian I am not sure what part of FL your GO resides...only to comment that in the greater Miami area the majority of GPS are Latino. The fact is the whole area is multi cultural. My friend there has a choice of seeing 3/ 4 different ethnic GP

Thank you… We lived in Florida for over 30 years including eight years in Miami and yes you’re right totally multicultural however before moving here 12 years ago we spent well over 20 years in Vero Beach. Vero Beach ( small beach town) Is still pretty much WASP ish . Getting an actual doctors appointment is tough due to the large number of retirees 6 to 8 weeks can be the norm, sometimes even for a referral . We would like to have gone with blood work results in hand to save time but that may now not be possible. We intend to set up a series of necessary doctors on our Medicare plan for any future problems.

On 7/31/2022 at 3:56 PM, Ian Greenwood said:

Thank you… We lived in Florida for over 30 years including eight years in Miami and yes you’re right totally multicultural however before moving here 12 years ago we spent well over 20 years in Vero Beach. Vero Beach ( small beach town) Is still pretty much WASP ish . Getting an actual doctors appointment is tough due to the large number of retirees 6 to 8 weeks can be the norm, sometimes even for a referral . We would like to has gone wif blood work results in hand to save time but that may now not be possible. We intend to set up a series of necessary doctors on our Medicare plan for any future problems.

Ian or anyone else thinking about Fl. Do check out Chen Medical Group, they are "fantastic" extremely professional and progressive and possibly  set the Gold Standard in Fl and maybe the USA for quality care