Chapala.com Webboard

Trying to get INAPAM card?

19 minutes ago, cedros said:

Have you been to the Joco address I posted. Or would you rather do it the hard way?

No one I know needed to pay someone to do what is possibly the easiest thing to do regarding the government in all of Mexico and it is FREE 

If you think walking in and handing the papers needed to the government official is harder than walking in and handing the papers to a facilitator you have to pay..... 

But you have avoided the question  Did they state there are cards available today in Joco today? 

• 3 months later...
On 7/30/2022 at 12:26 PM, mexbound said:

we drove over to Ixtlahuacan and she had her card in 20 minutes

Was this at the municipal building on Hidalgo near the police station, or somewhere else. I see there's also a DIF location, but I guess that's State.

https://goo.gl/maps/GymVixhwP27M4GS58

LQ

We started at the DIF office and they sent us out of town a bit on Obregon to the what looked like a temporary office. It was temporary. I just did a 2022 street view on Google maps and the office has moved to another location. I would go into town to the DIF office and ask for the location of the INAPAM office. It might be in the DIF office now.

I would take the easy way out and get it in Chapala. If you click on the link to the actual article there is a big azz photo of the building, so you know what you're looking for. I have translated the text for tech challenged individuals. 26 Sept 2022- 

https://paginaquesiselee.com/2022/09/26/credencial-inapam-ya-no-sera-expedida-en-dif-chapala/

"By Gilberto Padilla Garcia

The credential of the National Institute for Older Adults (INAPAM) will no longer be issued at the facilities of the Municipal System for the Integral Development of the Family (DIF), but at the Integration Center of the Welfare Secretariat that is in the Administrative Unit , located at 69 Niños Héroes street, in the municipal seat of Chapala. This, due to changes in the operating rules by the federal government, for which the module that was in the DIF stopped operating from September 1. Now, those interested must go to the Integrator Center to start the process, which will be carried out by the so-called Servants of the Nation. If you are over 60 years of age and need the INAPAM credential, go to the Integrator Center from Monday to Saturday, from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. with a copy of the INE, CURP credential, extract from the birth certificate and two child-size photographs, as well as the name and contact telephone number of a trusted person in case of emergency. In addition to its use as identification, the INAPAM credential allows older adults to access discounts on various products and services, such as the payment of drinking water and property tax, food, consulting and transportation, among others."

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, OldWEB said:

Is there an update to this for Ixtlahuacan??  Lou?

You know, we went to Ixtlahuacán ("A Clean Town") de los Membrillos a couple months ago, just to poke around, and spaced. Guess we're not in a rush.

Read the thread, though. I'm sure the folks at DIF in Ixtla or even at the one on Camino Real in La Floresta can point you in the right direction.

https://goo.gl/maps/PoXGJ14N68rq6McM8

LQ

5 hours ago, OldWEB said:

Is there an update to this for Ixtlahuacan??  Lou?

We are looking into getting the card also.   Thx.

Just go to Chapala office at 69 Niños Héroes.   Really the card is not good for much more than discount bus tickets and museum entrances.  In Mexico City and surrounding areas there are stores that give a discount but I have not found one in this area with the exception of Estafeta, and DHL. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Just go to Chapala office at 69 Niños Héroes.   Really the card is not good for much more than discount bus tickets and museum entrances.  In Mexico City and surrounding areas there are stores that give a discount but I have not found one in this area with the exception of Estafeta, and DHL. 

With bus tickets, there are a small number of discounted seats on each bus. Every time I have tried to use my Inapam card for bus tickets I have found all the discounted seats already sold.

We haven't saved enough in 6-years to justify the hassles we went through to get our cards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

We just received a 50% discount on both of our drivers license renewals using INAPAM.  We use our cards for discounts at CHOPO also and a 7% discount at Walmart on medicine and medical supplies.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ibarra said:

We just received a 50% discount on both of our drivers license renewals using INAPAM.  We use our cards for discounts at CHOPO also and a 7% discount at Walmart on medicine and medical supplies.  

You do not need the INAPAM card to receive the discount for your drivers license. Both my wife and I renewed and received the discount without the card. As to Chopo their prices for most services are far higher than many laboratories in the area as much as 50% more on blood work. So good you got a discount but you still paid more than most of us locals pay. Never have bought medicine at Walmart good they affered a discount. They are not listed on the INAPAM website. 

Most of the INAPAM services such as legal advice, exercise programs, counseling etc aren't available lakeside. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

You do not need the INIPAM card to receive the discount for your drivers license. Both my wife and I renewed and received the discount without the card. As to Chopo their prices for most services are far higher than many laboratories in the area as much as 50% more on blood work. So good you got a discount but you still paid more than most of us locals pay. Never have bought medicine at Walmart good they affered a discount. They are not listed on the INAPAM website. 

Most of the INAPAM services such as legal advice, exercise programs, counseling etc aren't available lakeside. 

Ditto.

2 hours ago, ibarra said:

I have never been asked for my card at Walmart, but always get the discount.

The one time I used CHOPO (not a positive experience and discount or no, I wouldn't go back again) they didn't mention the option.

We did get discounts on our DL.

On 4/16/2023 at 9:01 AM, Mostlylost said:

You do not need the INAPAM card to receive the discount for your drivers license. Both my wife and I renewed and received the discount without the card. As to Chopo their prices for most services are far higher than many laboratories in the area as much as 50% more on blood work. So good you got a discount but you still paid more than most of us locals pay. Never have bought medicine at Walmart good they affered a discount. They are not listed on the INAPAM website. 

We paid on Degollado and employee asked to see our cards. I was prepared with originals and copies. Employee used our original cards . Maybe he did not think I was over 60 so he wanted to see card?  Jajaja

• 2 months later...