Chapala.com Webboard

Trying to get INAPAM card?

Found out yesterday ( for a friend who'd tried for ages) that present process is:

Gov't distributes cards on a  pro-rata population basis to all municipalities. In Chapala that means DIF asks for 400, but usually get only 100 at a time.  Thus the enormous backlog.  What they ARE doing is taking full name & phone number (land and cell), and adding you to their list.  They'll contact you when your turn is coming up.  Apparently as of yesterday in Chapala that meant sometime mid-September at earliest.

Thinking of trying Joco or Ixtlahuacan?  Don't bother. DIF in Chapala told me they get less cards than Chapala does!!

6 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Found out yesterday ( for a friend who'd tried for ages) that present process is:

Gov't distributes cards on a  pro-rata population basis to all municipalities. In Chapala that means DIF asks for 400, but usually get only 100 at a time.  Thus the enormous backlog.  What they ARE doing is taking full name & phone number (land and cell), and adding you to their list.  They'll contact you when your turn is coming up.  Apparently as of yesterday in Chapala that meant sometime mid-September at earliest.

Thinking of trying Joco or Ixtlahuacan?  Don't bother. DIF in Chapala told me they get less cards than Chapala does!!

Beginning to sound like a lottery with the prospect of winning is small to nada

• Confused 1

My INAPAM card got stolen along with my wallet.  I can't replace it in a timely manner, of course.  I just tell people that I have an INAPAM card and they give me the discount.  It works at pharmacies and labs.  Don't know about any other places.

My wife and I got ours in Ixtlahuacan last October. I've had mine for years but my wife just became eligible so we went to Chapala and heard that same blah blah blah. So we drove over to Ixtlahuacan and she had her card in 20 minutes. Because my card was so old the clerk said "let me get you a new format card". 10 mins later we left with new cards.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mexbound said:

My wife and I got ours in Ixtlahuacan last October. I've had mine for years but my wife just became eligible so we went to Chapala and heard that same blah blah blah. So we drove over to Ixtlahuacan and she had her card in 20 minutes. Because my card was so old the clerk said "let me get you a new format card". 10 mins later we left with new cards.

Friends of ours had similar experience maybe 8 months ago.

• Like 1

I got mine in Jocotepec years go.-easy. Out of curiosity I stopped at the office in Jocotepec where I got my INAPAM card years ago. They said that they are are still doing it. M & B Services on Juarez Ote. #136

They said you have to bring your CURP number, photo ID, 2 infantil photos, and utility bill

21 hours ago, Natasha said:

Not talking about THEN........ talking about NOW.  Getting mine in Chapala  years ago was also easy.

Still easy in Joco if you go a certain route I was told

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Natasha said:

So why did you not share this "certain route" so some could benefit?

Because I have no time for  rude people.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, Mostlylost said:

Because,  basically if there is one, it is unknown to the poster. 

Wrong Mostly Lost. I was in their Juarez office this morning. I posted the needed information 

2 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

The simple way in any municipality is to politely ask the person in charge to call you when they receive them. Give then $100 peso bill so they can recharge their phone ,and wait for the call. 

That is not necessry in Joco as far as I know-maybe in the old days. You pay Maria Barbosa at Juarez Ote #136-as I posted earlier 

4 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

Because,  basically if there is one, it is unknown to the poster. 

Nonsense. I know and posted it. I see now why you are called mostly lost

On 8/2/2022 at 9:29 AM, Natasha said:

Not talking about THEN........ talking about NOW.  Getting mine in Chapala  years ago was also easy.

I am writing about then and now-it has not changed in Joco.

1 hour ago, cedros said:

That is not necessry in Joco as far as I know-maybe in the old days. You pay Maria Barbosa at Juarez Ote #136-as I posted earlier 

This is not the government..... it is a facilitator.  They don't have cards there. 

You pay??  The INAPAM card is free.  so you need to pay someone else to do it for you when it is very easily done yourself. 

Did they verify that there are cards available as of today in Joco ?  Or that if you give them their fee they will get it for you?

At the government office you would need

0fficial identification that also proves your age (0ver 60), like a passport or driver’s license, or your birth certificate; and

If a foreign resident, you will also need to present  Residente Temporal or Residente Permanente residency permit  

A utility bill or some other official document that shows your current address in Mexico. Most people use their telephone or electricity bill; this must be recent—dated within the last 2-3 months; and

you’ll need to take along two photographs of yourself taken in the last month in the same size and format as those required for a passport or immigration permit: “infantil” size, front-facing, no glasses, no hats, and printed on professional photographic paper (self-printed photos are not accepted).

You take these documents (as well as 2 photocopies of each) along with your photographs to your local government office dealing with INAPAM  

The phones for the offices  Chapala 3767652849   3767653349

Jocotepec   3877630647

Ixtlahuacan 3767620421 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mostlylost said:

This is not the government..... it is a facilitator.  They don't have cards there. 

You pay??  The INAPAM card is free.  so you need to pay someone else to do it for you when it is very easily done yourself. 

Did they verify that there are cards available as of today in Joco ?  Or that if you give them their fee they will get it for you?

At the government office you would need

0fficial identification that also proves your age (0ver 60), like a passport or driver’s license, or your birth certificate; and

If a foreign resident, you will also need to present  Residente Temporal or Residente Permanente residency permit  

A utility bill or some other official document that shows your current address in Mexico. Most people use their telephone or electricity bill; this must be recent—dated within the last 2-3 months; and

you’ll need to take along two photographs of yourself taken in the last month in the same size and format as those required for a passport or immigration permit: “infantil” size, front-facing, no glasses, no hats, and printed on professional photographic paper (self-printed photos are not accepted).

You take these documents (as well as 2 photocopies of each) along with your photographs to your local government office dealing with INAPAM  

The phones for the offices  Chapala 3767652849   3767653349

Jocotepec   3877630647

Ixtlahuacan 3767620421 

Have you been to the Joco address I posted. Or would you rather do it the hard way?

4 hours ago, Mostlylost said:

The simple way in any municipality is to politely ask the person in charge to call you when they receive them. Give then $100 peso bill so they can recharge their phone ,and wait for the call. 

That is a foolish, difficult, and uncertain  way to do it,

• Thanks 1