Chapala.com Webboard

Blue Rose new location

Ian Greenwood

Just noticed yesterday that their new location ( one long block west of Yves ) looks to be up and running. I believe their food and service is one of the most consistent in town…The prices for what appears to be aged beef are also very reasonable .

3 hours ago, Fred Habacht said:

I am still able to get my wife's wheelchair in and out of my Honda fit....Her newly acquired chair folds down fairly flat.

Lucky you!  But then, my old hubby's back isn't what it used to be and I get around pretty well with my walking stick.

Gringal, does the back seat of your Fit flip up? I have seen that feature and thought how useful it would be for wheelchairs... or dogs. Speaking of which, would a portable dog ramp make it easier to get the chair in and out of the car?

Yes, our back seat flips down, but that doesn't help in this case.  It's the weight that's a problem, and getting it (and me) in and out is the other problem. Up  steps? Forgeddaboutit.  It's  okay...just the natural problems that come with physical limitation.  My post was directed at someone who simply fails to understand why chairs with no arms are a problem for old, and or, disabled people.  There are plenty of good restaurant options with good food AND chairs with arms to grab when getting up.  Yves, El Ancla and upstairs at La Estacion are some of my faves.  Their chairs have arms!!😉

• Like 1

Drove past it on their frontage road yesterday about 5 pm. Drove really slow as I am not familiar at all with that restaurant and wanted to check out what the inside looked like since all the doors were open and there was a greeter on their door steps. Nice interior, looks comfortable. All chairs were empty at 5 pm. Not sure if that means anything but I was surprised.

Chairs, it appears, won’t matter.  Went at 5:15 without a reservation on Wednesday and all tables were reserved.  Owner sat us at a table who had a 6:30 reservation and since there were 2 of us who don’t drink cocktails premeal and didn’t want dessert, we were out in 45 minutes….excellent food and service.  Need reservations!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

We recently ate there and found the food OK but not worth the price paid... We sat on the patio which was a fly catcher so that may have tainted our thoughts... We normally give a place two tries before adding them to our list eating establishments we recommed to people we don't particularly like...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, rvanparys said:

We recently ate there and found the food OK but not worth the price paid... We sat on the patio which was a fly catcher so that may have tainted our thoughts... We normally give a place two tries before adding them to our list eating establishments we recommed to people we don't particularly like...

We also found the flies unbearable. I wouldn't hesitate to say they are worse there than almost any other restaurant save for Bobby's El Escondido. Not pleasant.