Chapala.com Webboard

Tourist no longer required to carry FMM in passport!

I have a permanente and flew up to Portland last week.  You need to fill out the bottom portion of the salida and present it to INM at the airport before airline checkin.  The top portion of the salida is no longer required when you come through INM up on return.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, dvinton said:

me has a permanente and flew up to Portland last week.  You need to fill out teh bottom portion of teh salida and present it to INM at teh airport before airline checkin.  Teh top portion of teh salida is no longer required when you come through INM up on return.

I have permanente and I think  may your observation depends on which airport to land in first. A few months ago I returned via MX City and was scolded by the immigration lady for not having my original top. When I explained that I normally fly into GDL and they never asked for the original she was not interested! So maybe different port of entry have different interpretation of the regulation?

49 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

I have permanente and I think  may your observation depends on which airport to land in first. A few months ago I returned via MX City and was scolded by the immigration lady for not having my original top. When I explained that I normally fly into GDL and they never asked for the original she was not interested! So maybe different port of entry have different interpretation of the regulation?

Agreed, I should have added that my return will be through GDL and, as in all things Mexico, it could be a different experience returning through any other port of entry.

22 hours ago, lakeside7 said:

As the OP stated, this is a NEW procedure. Change is constant here.