Chapala.com Webboard

Need to exterminate an underground ant termite colony.

2 hours ago, ea93105 said:

I need to kill an underground termite ant colony. I tried "AZUL MORTAL " from the ferreteria, but they don't care and just pop out somewhere else. Suggestions ?

Hire a professional. 

We used FuMiGa 5 years ago and we've had no recurrence.

They will drill numerous holes throughout the property, pump them full of poison, then fill the holes.

We now have them spray every 4 months because we live where scorpions and black widows are common.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I used Veloche (it is blue granular)  and it killed the colony.  BUT, REMEMBER.  Leaf cutter ants will always return.  You cannot win that war.  I have lived in my house for 18 years.  I know from personal experience.  I get a lot of satisfaction with a spray after dark.  I kill them by the hundreds as the march in a column from next to plant.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, chapalence said:

Hire a professional. 

We used FuMiGa 5 years ago and we've had no recurrence.

They will drill numerous holes throughout the property, pump them full of poison, then fill the holes.

We now have them spray every 4 months because we live where scorpions and black widows are common.

I will mention, when I say "pump" I mean they use pressurized equipment to force the poison far down and throughout the soil.

This treatment is for termites, not ants. 

• Like 2

On 7/26/2022 at 7:37 AM, chapalence said:

I will mention, when I say "pump" I mean they use pressurized equipment to force the poison far down and throughout the soil.

This treatment is for termites, not ants. 

Our ranch east of Napa has shown evidence of tunneling termites about every decade.  The last time it happened several years ago, there was some talk about using a convenient 'baiting system'.  Check it out (without recommendation):  https://entomology.ca.uky.edu/ef639#:~:text=The bait station housing is,other termites to the station.

19 hours ago, utilitus said:

Our ranch east of Napa has shown evidence of tunneling termites about every decade.  The last time it happened several years ago, there was some talk about using a convenient 'baiting system'.  Check it out (without recommendation):  https://entomology.ca.uky.edu/ef639#:~:text=The bait station housing is,other termites to the station.

Industries little bastards aren't they ⚠️

On 7/25/2022 at 5:04 PM, artsnob said:

my gardner poured kerosine down hole ten years ago, he lit it had a little smoke but never had ants again...

In the old days the Indios did something similar. They poured several compounds down a hole and then sealed it. The gas produed got rid of the colony.