Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for advice on what tree to plant

Experience beats googling every time. This is what the pods turn into if you let them into the[non commercial] fruit stage. my trees are 15 ft[16 years old] measured against my 12 ft wall and have stopped growing in height but the new branches are spreading creating more shade. New branches if they start in the hot season can have a bit of their leaves sunburned.

fishtail palm fruit.jpg

1 hour ago, Jreboll said:

Duh, so why would you want to have a tree that provides food that they can thrive on?

DUH, after all  this time that you have been here, why do you think they rely on one plant and not everything around you. They don't THRIVE on it, in any event. IN  case you haven't noticed the last several years every place in Mexico is overrun with those tiny little ants. And most likely a person like you would provide more food for ants and cockroaches than a tree or any other plant for that matter. what is the purpose of yer negative passive/aggressive  post which is not related in any way shape or form to what senor maincoons has asked about. Clear out your garden and house of all things and make your living space sterile as in a safe bubble and shower every 10 minutes so that your dead skin doesn't attract all sorts of vermin-SNORK!

I have a type of acacia in the garden that does not grow very tall, It has similar foliage to the flamboyant or also called tabachin but does not grow large like flamboyant.. It is green all year round does not have a lot of garbage, it is close to the pool and no problem.. it has small red flowers . I bought it at the nursery at the back of Paz liquor. The tabachin  I have was planted in 68 and is enormous, a great tree but need space, do not buy the tulip tree that has red flowers, it produces garbage all year round. I t also grows huge. I have 2 planted in 68 as well and wish I could cut them down.. The flowers stick to the brick path and are slippery it not picked up every day, the pods are difficult to pick up  when they open they produce a snow like seeds that invade everything and clog the pool , the leaves are also a pain to pick up.. every single season that tree produces garbage.. stay away from it. It also grows very large.

The orchid of the poor tree  also stay fairly small and have flowers, pink or yellow or other colors. It has round leaves

Hey weren't you asking about a lime tree recently?  Why don't you just get that grafted lemon and lime tree they are selling at the vivero in San Antonio.  I don't think they get that big.  Anyways if you have to get a tree its always better to have one that produces something you like being either fruit, fragrance, or colorful flowers.

12 hours ago, dichosalocura said:

Hey weren't you asking about a lime tree recently?  Why don't you just get that grafted lemon and lime tree they are selling at the vivero in San Antonio.  I don't think they get that big.  Anyways if you have to get a tree its always better to have one that produces something you like being either fruit, fragrance, or colorful flowers.

I was but when I read up on the blight problems with citrus I decided to pass on that.