Chapala.com Webboard

I'm looking at putting in a water purification system, and wonder

If you have a pressure system, you will be fine with a UV light and 2 filters, a 5" sediment filter and a 2 1/2" carbon filter. Jackie at H2Ole can do this. He can probably test your water but realize that if you are on municipal water, quality will vary and your test result will only be for a short window of time. You do need purification. Bad stuff gets into the water lines because of breakage. 

13 hours ago, Nikalos Telsa said:

if there is anyplace local where I can get my water tested.

Thanks.

Thee are many places for basic tests. For more comprehensicve test you have ro go to Guadalajara

If you have the money I would get a UV for the showers and bathrooms and kitchen sink.  And get reverse osmosis for your drinking water.  The thing about UV is that it just nukes the pathogens and amoebas but does not filter or remove anything.  RO removes everything.  I was reading recently that UV is recommended more if you have lake or river water and RO is better for well water.  It gets out all the arsenic and heavy metals and god knows what else.  In Chapala the municipal water doesn't come from the lake but from wells high in arsenic.

51 minutes ago, dichosalocura said:

... In Chapala the municipal water doesn't come from the lake but from wells high in arsenic.

does the well water here contain toxic substances if the well is sufficiently deep? For e.g., I've heard that the wells at Chula Vista Norte and Cielo Vista are sufficiently deep that one can drink the water safely. And the Guad Reporter noted that the recently restored 175 meter deep Pozo 3 in Chapala tested clean for toxic substances. Source: https://theguadalajarareporter.net/index.php/news/news/lake-chapala/58391-chapala-water-supply-restored

The issue is not that the source of the water is "pure". It is the delivery infrastructure that is poorly maintained and allows for all kinds of bad stuff to enter the water supply. How many times do you see SIMAPA digging up a street to fix a water leak?

• Like 2